KiteLife Forum

Outdoor Quad Line

Sub Category  

Various tutorials on flying quad line kites.

29 files

1. Rev Tutorial - Water Flying

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this installment provides a thorough step by step introduction to taking your kite across the water and under the surface.

More info about water flying can be found here - http://www.kitelife.com/hydro

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

493 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

2. Rev Tutorial - Traveling Bicycle

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this installment provides a thorough step by step introduction to the execution and theory of the traveling bicycle maneuver.

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

770 downloads

(5 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

3. Rev Tutorial - Rotational Drills

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this time introducing some rotation-oriented drills that may help refine your precision.

618 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. Rev Tutorial - Kite Walk

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this time we go through walking the kite and bringing a little bounce into your kite's step.

716 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

5. Rev Tutorial - Clockwork

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the methodology and technique behind clockwork control.

739 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

6. Rev Tutorial - Wind Window

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one explaining the wind window, how your kite behaves as you travel across it, and how to start breaking down the space.

251 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

7. Rev Tutorial - Rollover Landing

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one touching on the popular rollover landing - breaking it down and identifying a couple of key points will make your landings even smoother.

370 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

8. Rev Tutorial - Figure 8

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the basic figure 8 maneuver commonly used in team flying - a little added technique can make your curves and control much smoother.

355 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

9. Rev Tutorial - Basic Launch & Control

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the first flight launch and basic control methods.

363 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

10. Rev Tutorial - 180 with Positive Drive

Another in an ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the 180 - an essential team flying skill that becomes more stable with the application of positive drive.

429 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

11. Rev Tutorial - Changing Frames

This tutorial explains two simple ways to change your frames on the field without even removing the kite from your lines.

277 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

12. Rev Tutorial - Line Weight & Length

This tutorial explains some of the dynamics of line weight and length selection on Revolution kites This is one of those topics where there is no right way, and we hope the information contained in this video help you experiment and find your own favorite(s).

329 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

13. Rev Tutorial - Sail Loading

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the dynamic of Sail Loading wherein the pilot is able to compress and decompress wind in the sail at will, using that pressure and added control to flex and unflex the frame, creating a far greater range of movement in varying wind conditions.
    One of the greatest uses for Sail Loading is that it also serves to minimize the amount of input required, instead relying on increased or decreased pressure to enhance smaller inputs.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Sail Loading Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Sail Loading Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Sail Loading French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Sail Loading

1,130 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

14. Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the inputs and approach used for executing the Flic Flac maneuver.

Flic Flacs are a lot of fun and serve as an excellent tool for developing your timing and hand speed as well.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac Dutch Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Flic Flac

1,361 downloads

(4 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

15. Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture and Grip

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one exploring the methodology and application of handle grip, body position and posture, as well as hand and arm position.One of the keys to successful Rev flying is being relaxed and comfortable, using hand and arm positions which grant you the most leverage with the least effort.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture and Grip Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture and Grip Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture & Grip French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Body, Posture and Grip

2,025 downloads

(6 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

16. Rev Tutorial - Side Slide

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing the Side Slide from both the upright and inverted orientations.Side Slides make an excellent transition movement between other maneuvers, and it's a lot of fun to slide right above the ground, apparently breaking the laws of physics.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Side Slide Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Side Slide Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Side Slide French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Side Slide

1,009 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

17. Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one introducing the techniques for learning Reverse Flight and how to work toward a stable execution of this movement in the basic four directions.

Reverse Flight is far easier to learn than one might believe, using minimized inputs and changing your point of reference with regard to the initial goals.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight Lithuanian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Reverse Flight

819 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

18. Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation

Another in our ongoing series of Rev tutorials, this one covering a series of exercises that teach the "Bicycle Rotation" wherein the pilot is able to rotate or spin their kite in place without losing altitude!

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation Dutch Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Bicycle Rotation

1,287 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

19. Rev Tutorial - Basic Hovers

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing how to do maintain a hover in 7 basic orientations.Once you're able to hold a hover with some degree of stability, the sky is yours because you can now stop in any position, and even control your speed when necessary.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Basic Hover Lithuanian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Basic Hover Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Basic Hover French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Basic Hover Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Basic Hover

646 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

20. Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing how to make and apply a larks head knot.
    Aside from being the sole way most lines are attached to kites and handles these days, it's an extremely handy knot for a variety of purposes.
    Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot Japanese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Larks Head Knot

371 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

21. Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing how to equalize your lines, ensuring equal length between right and left.All types of line stretch or "settle in" over time and will eventually end up uneven by varying amounts which effects the accuracy of your inputs accordingly... You'll be amazed at how the kite responds more accurately, and how easy it actually is to balance out your line lengths.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Lithuanian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Japanese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing

511 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

22. Rev Tutorial - Tuning Theory I

Another in our ongoing series of Rev tutorials, this one covering the theory and ideas behind tuning, giving you the basic understanding of how to tune lift, power, response and control to your own taste!

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Tuning Theory I Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Tuning Theory I Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Tuning Theory I French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Tuning Theory I

1,657 downloads

(7 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

23. Rev Tutorial - Inverted Hover

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one introducing some beginning techniques for mastering the inverted hover.

Reputably one of the most difficult things to learn on a Rev, it's absolutely simple to do once you know how and these techniques should help you understand it more quickly.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Inverted Hover Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Inverted Hover French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Inverted Hover Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Inverted Hover

1,007 downloads

(3 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

24. Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying

Another in our ongoing series of Rev tutorials, this one covering basic light wind techniques and how the Rev transitions between a powered state and gliding state, enabling anyone to fly in the lightest of winds, simply by cycling your ground space and know how to apply tension.

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying Japanese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Light Wind Flying

1,325 downloads

(5 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

25. Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying

Another in our ongoing series of Rev tutorials, this one covering the techniques behind "3D Flying", where the pilot is able to pull the kite of of the sky and catch it, then toss it back out to the end of the lines and fly, all without your kite even touching the ground!

Subtitles:
    English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Japanese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Lithuanian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Dutch Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Chinese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - 3D Flying

1,002 downloads

(4 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

• File Reviews

• Super helpful for a newer pilot. Always start with theory.
      • I have just received my first Djinn vented including the Pro Handles. I tried to fly with too little wind with no effect.

With wind 6-15 brilliant. Messing around with leader lengths found what I considered a good starting point.

Problem_ I have small hands, my middle fingers will not grip the handle (Duy...... Syndrome.) Trying to use JB,s Hand positions becomes difficult-

If I place thumb on top of the handle my index fingers above the foam grip. I then lower my index finger my thumb is then on the back of the top tube. I can use my ring and little finger to hold the Foam. At present I am tempted to fashion a moulded thumb rest on the back face of the top tube.

With the grip I am using I am able to give brake input Sideways 0-80 so I am towards JB,s ideal

Any views on fashioning extra moulding on handles? Or any solutions to my Grip style

• I was flying my Barresi Signature Series 1.5 Rev. In the past I used to tighten the brake lines rather than lengthen the top lines.

Having watched the video, I added 13" graphite handles and added My home made top leaders ( Toal length 6" knotted 1" gaps.

Wind was 1to 3 mph. On 12'' handles with equal leaders the kite took off OK and was manouvrable.

On changing Handles to 13" and using full extension top leaders it was immediately noticeable that there was more control,

and I was able to use the handles in the More horizontal attitude rather than the upright hold. I definitely recommend that top leaders are used. I will need to practice this in future.

I suffer from some arthritis in my hands and fingers so was sceptical that balancing on the fingers would work. I was pleasantly surprised and with more practice perhaps a step up to ???

• Looked at it again after quite a while. And learned something again. :sq-smile:

• The ending slides <key concepts/points> are good