KiteLife Forum

Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing how to equalize your lines, ensuring equal length between right and left.All types of line stretch or "settle in" over time and will eventually end up uneven by varying amounts which effects the accuracy of your inputs accordingly... You'll be amazed at how the kite responds more accurately, and how easy it actually is to balance out your line lengths.

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

Subtitles:

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

John Dvoracek

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Is this really important? For ten years I flew alone although not a lot, and I never equalized my lines. Recently for the first time I flew with a very good flier who wanted to try my Rev 1 Carl Robertshaw Masterpiece (bought because I loved the colors). Soon after launch he looked at me and asked if I had equalized my lines because the kite didn't feel "balanced". I didn't think that would matter much, that my brain would just compensate for minor inequalities in line length. He said no, equal lines do really matter at any level. I had watched this tutorial in the past but thought it was for higher level pilots than I, but today I rewatched, measured, and learned one line on my lineset that he flew was one inch shorter than the other three. 

Response from the author:

I'm sensitive to anything over .5" off in the bottom lines... Fact is that every time you change your combination of kite (bridle), handles and line, all the variables will change due to knot settling and sometimes uneven builds, even if you have "perfect lines".

This is why my handles have additional short gap knots on the bottom to adjust balance to taste, every time I set up.

• Like 1
Link to review