Kite Making

Discuss kite making techniques, styles and applications here!

47 topics in this forum

• 35 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 13 replies
  1. Exp lines

• 6 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 13 replies
  2. Kite Spars - rods?

• 11 replies
    • 2 replies
  3. First Quadline Kite

• 25 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Special Situation

• 2 replies
    • 9 replies
  5. bamboo

• 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Full Sail # 10 found the air today.. It was still air but it was "still" air..  
    • Looks like your prediction was correct. OBSKC 2017 has been moved to Jockey's Ridge.    
    • Hello @nbroom, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member
      Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat
      Member Map
      KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • For those not on the Eastern League or RAF email chain.. Outer Banks Stunt Kite Competition 2017
       Registration is open for the 2017 Outer Banks Stunt Kite Competition, taking place Sept 9th & 10th in Nags Head, NC.  This year, the competition will be located across from Kitty Hawk Kites up on Jockeys Ridge. Registration and Competition info-->  https://easternleague.net/events/1031 Jockey's Ridge information http://www.kitemap.org/site-details?id=77&sname=Jockey%27s+Ridge+State+Park      
    • Congrats on the new kite! I also received my AC from Lam recently but so far I've only managed to fly two days for a few hours total (the winds have been nearly non-existent this past week). From the little time I've spent flying it I can already tell the kite is a major improvement over the relatively cheap dual line stunt kites I've flown in the past; the AC is just so eager to perform (rather than having to constantly fight it) which makes it a joy to fly :). In my opinion it's worth it to buy one high-end kite that makes flying enjoyable the entire time rather than purchasing several low-end kites which will not be as enjoyable to fly and likely end up either sitting in storage or sold -- that is: as long as the person at least knows the basics of flying so they don't destroy their high-end kite the first time flying it . One of the things which makes purchasing a kite from Lam worth it is that he goes out of his way to ensure the customer is not only satisfied but he'll answer any questions, give advice, teach new kite pilots in person, etc. even after the purchase is made. It's obvious that kite flying is a passion of his and he wants to share that passion with others - it's not just about maximizing profits. I'm hoping to be able to take a trip up to Canada soon since Lam offered to teach me some things and he also called me several times after the purchase to ensure that I knew how to properly setup the kite and that I didn't have any other questions. He also just seemed genuinely interested in discussing kites and kite flying in general. I posted this photo in a different thread but here's my AC SUL and my ABS MC SUL: