The Web Site (nuts and bolts)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This section of the forum is dedicated to ongoing discussion, news, technical insights and education regarding various parts of the Kitelife site and their functionality or effectiveness.

204 topics in this forum

• 17 replies
    • 11 replies
  1. posting

• 16 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 19 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 48 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 30 replies
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hello @phreak89, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member
      Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat
      Member Map
      KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Thread count and Density are measures commonly associated with COTTON bedsheets, pillowcases etc.. Ripstop Nylon & Icarex are two different things. Icarex is a ripstop Polyester.. Ripstop Nylon will absorb water and will get very heavy when wet. You also have to let it dry flat or it will stretch and deform. Ripstop Poly you can fly it dry for the most part. Kitemaking materials are sold by weight and not by thread count..
    • Right - I completely understand. Maybe I can make it next time :-) 
    • Hi all I'm aware the go-to material for quads like revs are the 3/4oz icarex ripstop nylon. But anyone can help with determining the thread count and density of such .75oz ripstop rev sails use? Assuming 1sqm or sqf.   Thanks much!
    • Sorry to say no @gos, this clinic in Denmark and my other September clinic at the St Anne's festival are my only European clinics scheduled for this year and these are only possible because we could combine it with our invited trip to the Marseille Kite Festival. Of course, I am always open to exploring other opportunities but the expense of traveling from US to Europe makes it very difficult (expensive) to do a standalone clinic without combining subsidy from another event.