Competition

All discussion pertaining to sport kite competition in the USA or internationally, rules, tips & techniques, organization, or anything else related.

11 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• That sounds like a Terry Murray comment to me..
    • Hello @bowtie, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member
      Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat
      Member Map
      KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
    • Practice clockwork, axels, catch and throw. Learn all that and you will be Master Class. or just a hacking flailer who's enjoying themselves immensely like me!  A dear departed friend once shared,.... "you move up in classification only AFTER kicking & screaming fails!"
    • you can rebuild beginner projects, but nobody does.  Make 'em modification testing and experimental stations since they will be replaced anyway.   The whole "what happens if" becomes easier if you have sacrificial sails to play with during your design phase. Moving the the down-spars entirely, or only adjusting their angles? If you are making baby-sized Revs you should contract Harold Ames. Maybe not, if you don't want to be overwhelmed with information!  Train lines that pass thru the whole stack, instead of connect each sail independently to the ones in front.  Affixing the train lines to the bridle instead of end-caps, when/where to use a taped assembly method instead of sewing.  Use of a one piece leading edge tube and reinforcing for higher wind (or more kites in the stack) by insertion of pultruded carbon tubes inside that LE. enjoy and keep sharing