KiteLife Forum

Competition

All discussion pertaining to sport kite competition in the USA or internationally, rules, tips & techniques, organization, or anything else related.

13 topics in this forum

1. Thanks JB & Friends

• 1 reply
  2. OBSKC 2017 (Venue Change)

• 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
    • 3 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. WSKC 2016 / 9-17.04, Berck, France

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 12 replies
    • 5.5k views
    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. ECSKC

• 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  • Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I plan to be an excellent and amazing new stunt kite builder! But for now I'm just a very noob one as I've just started by the end of last year : ) Recently, I managed to try a build for indoor purpose: An Ulzburger's Escape at 0.73 ratio, with a custom paneling mylar-icarex-dyneema. The building was quite clumsy, a consequent amount of mistakes, sawing, unsawing, trying again.. But the result exceeds my expectations. It flies like a charm and has a quite nice look.   Now it's the moment to find it a name! ..and I thought, regarding the "sexy stockings" the paneling suggests, that this could be kind of a JB tribute. Actually, in french, the "sexy stockings" is called a "bas résille" which is pronounced "Barresi".. For this only reason (and also because having a Barresi reference in it's name will surely improve it's flying abilities)^^ I wanted to call it "The Barésille tribute" (of course it's only for private purpose, nothing commercial here!). But I don't want to make a faux pas.. And can't be sure that John will find this funny and acceptable.. That's why I allow myself to ask the question here. Best regards and thanks a lot for this forum.  
    • i recently purchase a group of Flexifoils and I need to replace several missing spars for  a Flexifoil 10 and felxifoils 8.  ‘They use common tapered spars that are 36” long and taper from 8mm (5/16”) to 4 mm ( 5/32”).  Then they  have a central 8 mm fiber glass spar.  Does any one know where i can source the tapered spars? or full sets?  Cobra kites and the Murray’s to have retired or I would have asked there.
    • View Advert Barb Meyer 12.5’ Mayan Double Box Delta Looking for this great kite. Please let me know if you are willing to sell one to me. Thanks! Advertiser BW Kites Date 04/12/2024 Price Category Kites (Single Line) Brand Premier Model Barb Meyer Mayan Rainbow Double Box Delta  
    • Hey Kitekouple, You are a lucky man (or woman), my friend. Congrats with this amazing prize. I'll try my luck next time. 😄 And thank you John.  
    • Hello @dahawk, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!