Kite Travel

Sign in to follow this  

Tips for safe transport of kites as well as advice for dealing with any aspect of travel to and from kiting events.

Explore Questions

There are no popular questions to show right now

1. 0 votes
    9 answers
  2. 0 votes
    11 answers
  3. 0 votes
    6 answers
  4. 0 votes
    1 answer
  5. 0 votes
    13 answers

10 questions in this forum

1. 0 votes
    13 answers
  2. Travel with a REV

0 votes
    14 answers
  3. 0 votes
    9 answers
  4. 0 votes
    11 answers
  5. 0 votes
    6 answers
  6. 0 votes
    1 answer
  7. 0 votes
    7 answers
  8. Taking kite on Holiday

0 votes
    4 answers
  9. Travelling with Kites...

0 votes
    10 answers
Sign in to follow this  
  • Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Popular Contributors

• Latest Topics

• Latest Posts

• MWP, I've definitely flown mine.   Well Cjay, I'm sorry to hear about your Widowmaker NG problems and can't really comment on your conversation with Marieanne.   I'm not sure how much involvement they have with the Premier version.   I have a kite friend that just bought a NG as well and I'm hoping to get up with him in the near future so we can compare the two versions.
    • I never said the Widowmaker Pro was defective, and wouldn't expect it to be. I never had one.
    • Yup and I happened to get the second to last, had a kite on order for 3 months and Marianne called one day and asked if I wanted white with black pin-stripping or a black/white sail as they were the last 2 sails they had. Still very thankful that I got one at all even though it has not been flown yet and is awaiting a very special occasion if it ever does get flown.
    • So far, my experience has been positive with both Jon and Marieanne.  I'm a week into owning the Pro and had one question and they responded in the same day.   No problems or defects I can see.
    • Yeah, the widowmaker pro looked like a good option. A higher end kite for a lower price than most other high end kites, built better than most production kites, and didn't cost much more than the Widow NG. I was going to buy one after having problems with the Widow NG, but they weren't available I bought the Widow Ng directly from Premier as most shops didn't have the yellow and grey in stock. They took care of me, and I am glad I bought it directly from Premier. Because when I called and talked to the lady at kites and fun things, (maybe John's wife?) About the problems with the Widow NG to see if this was common, or if I could order one from them that was pre inspected for me. They were defensive and dismissive about the problems. They said that there was no problems with it, that it is a good kite and I was expecting too much if I wanted a kite for that price without defects (which according to her didn't exist). I disagree. I don't believe it is too much to ask for a $200 dollar kite, at least for the wings to be the same length, and the pocket to be sewn on straight. Since it was measurable and pulled the sail more to one side. I didn't appreciate the implication that I was lying. The dismissive and accusatory response seemed very natural or automatic for them, like it was rehearsed, or told to people often. This left me with a bad impression of them.