KiteLife Forum

Forum Templates/Skins

Just getting a reading...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the available templates are you using the most?

• IP Board (default)
    • Professional Skin
    • Classic Blue
    • Low Fi
  2. 2. What about it appeals to you the most?

• Layout
    • Colors
    • Use of space (spacious/compact)

I'm going to guess that a lot of people didn't really know about the other skins until the question was asked, and haven't tried the non-default ones.

My vote is obvious...classic blue. I wanted to vote for all 3 reasons, but I had to pick one. :ani_rtfm:

More compact, which gives the feeling of better organization, less bright white space, more familiar, and links that look like links. (Yeah, I'm old school.)

Just an up to date observation...

post-1-126121113487_thumb.png

Looking at those two lists, I'm pretty sure everyone who has voted thus far has had the opportunity to try out all the skins.

I'm still leaning towards launching on Classic Blue with the Rev forum upgrade just out of principle, but the IP Board skin will be available as well.

Probably just two skins (not counting low fi) will be included in that upgrade.

Just a small bit of advice to make everyone happy in the easiest way.

Make the default forum the simplest and less cluttered it can be as it is now on the Rev Forum and offer other options for the people that want it.

You know the tech savvy people will find their way to the other skins and features. :)

This to me would seem to be a more inviting way to keep people from being shocked and frustrated into not visiting as often.

Me personally I'm still not to fond of this one, way too many box's side panes status's ext. ext. especially on this 42" monitor it looks like Wall St. :kid_content:

Once I was able to collapse the ones I wanted (and keep them that way) it seems a bit better aside from once in awhile I come on and it's all exploded again (I'm thinking ya made an adjustment that reset things) although that hasn't happened in a bit.

Anyway that's my 2 cents+tax I'm sure you get the jist of what I mean. Hope that helps some, Or adds more confusion cause that can be fun too :P