• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. My PRECIOUS!

According to my wife I have many personality flaws. I'm not sure not flying a rev is seen as one of them. Flying any sort of kite is probably in the list somewhere though.
  3. My PRECIOUS!

Off a video[emoji6] Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app
  4. Zephyr

I just assume every single set of lines I ever receive will either be uneven to start or become uneven in stages over the first 1-2 hours of solid flight... Equalizing is a given for me, and of critical importance. 👍🏻
  5. Welcome rustyk54

Hello @rustyk54, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  6. My PRECIOUS!

Screenshot?
  7. Zephyr

Sunday morning went out before the games. Had a rough time. During 1/2 time bell went off, checked lines and red was off about 6" too.
  8. Midnight Royal Taboo

Second panel is matched (pretty much ) and basted.. Time to configure the center section and start sewing.. It's not quite as detailed as the original concept but overall I'm optimistic..
  9. Yesterday
  10. Midnight Royal Taboo

OK first panel is basted.. This was more ambitious than I thought.. Long straight lines are not as easy as you would think..The darker fabric is ripstop poly, the royal blue is ripstop nylon. As with all my projects this is another research into what's possible.
  11. My PRECIOUS!

We'll need to fix that personality flaw. No sweat on your end. It's painless. Involves excessive smiling.
  12. Well, that was a bust.

Go here: http://wardley.org/index.html. Click on the "kites" tab. Read. Understand.
  13. My PRECIOUS!

I'm not into Revs, but that is one stunning pic.
  14. Zephyr

Ya bridle upside down definitely more of an issue than my lines being that far off. I knew I had an issue when the kite was banking to the left hard. Sent from my IPhone
  15. Well, that was a bust.

Define - "very windy". Those kites work best in 5-6 mph on up, maybe more depending on pilot skill. What line weight and length are you using? You can use too heavy a line and bog things down, even though it "feels" like more wind. Look at things to see - did the lines sag up to the kite? Just because a certain line came with the kite doesn't mean it works in every occasion. I hope this doesn't come off too harshly, I went through much the same in my early flying years. Wrong kite or wrong lines for conditions frustrated me many times. Over about a 3 year period, I started putting it together, using the correct sail and/or line set in the appropriate winds. Ended up with 3 kites and 3 line sets - a Prism Ozone for light wind using 50#x50' lines, a Flexifoil Stranger using 150#X60' lines, and a Prism Alien on 90#x60' lines. Tendency back in the late '80s to '90s was short lines, especially at fests to accommodate more fliers on the beach. Now somewhat longer lines are the norm - 80-100'. I encourage you to try different adjustments, different weight lines, just experiment with trying different combos of equipment, to find what works best for you. IMHO YMMV
  16. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

Yes, some interest building. Little kids love SLKs, BB, this would be a good addition to your bag !
  17. Trlby equivalent

if you try to find diamond kites is one option,The Dyna kites. usually they come and are flayed on stacks of minimum 3
  18. Zephyr

Lines were 6" off ? That might be an issue... I don't know what happened to QC over at Prism, but I've heard & experienced some dumb stuff coming out of Seattle. Nothing that's too hard to fix, but not in keeping with their legacy. The winner for me was a QPro SUL with the bridle installed upside down. Didn't fly too well, and I haven't had it out of the bag since.
  19. My PRECIOUS!

Unfortunately that's an enlargement off a screenshot the resolution is not so great, here's the original,
  20. Win: B2 STD Revolution package

So close. I knew I should have bought 10 more tickets. Congrats on the win.
  21. Trlby equivalent

Hi Guys - I'm new to this site and haven't flown kites in 20 years. I used to fly 9-12 Trlby kites stacked together. Through some research I see that Trbly closed down years ago. Is there anything out there similar to the old diamond Trlbys? Thanks All!!
  22. Well, that was a bust.

Be sure to adjust the bridle for varying wind conditions. If the kite has problems flying, move the bridle up which should nose it forward. It's a common mistake for people not to touch the bridle and adjust it for wind conditions. Also bridle adjustments help make the kite more suitable to your flying style.
  23. Win: B2 STD Revolution package

Wait wait wait... this was supposed to be my kite! Congrats TSO!
  24. Well, that was a bust.

I've tried a couple times. I could fly, but it was a lot of work just to keep the kite up. It's weird, even though it's very windy, there's hardly any pull on the lines and the kite doesn't want to stay up. This was with my Quantum and Hypnotist too, so not the lightest of kites. Next time I get a chance to go over there I may try with a different kite. Is a smaller or bigger wing better in those conditions?
  25. Kaiju - coming soon!

Looks like a promising alternative to the now unobtanium Itrix. Would love to play around with one. How is it for relaxed, more floaty, graceful style flying or did you specifically go for a kite to compliment the tricky aggressive style? Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
  26. Welcome Joe S.

Hello @Joe S., Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  27. Kaiju - coming soon!

Just got my hands on the final factory sample, we’ve stiffened it up and got the weight down to 3 oz to boot, production starts very soon! 👍🏻
  1. Load more activity