• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Learning to dance

Foils for getting the kids started, for sure.
  3. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

Yeehaw! Congratulations.
  4. Learning to dance

Kites and Fun Things sending a set of standoffs on the house .Very cool. Glad I didn't put different sized standoffs in. Would have been very stoopid !! When winds start gusting to 5 I think I'll be putting a different kite in the air.Grand kids out today. PDSUL,Widow and Zephyr stayed in the bag. Those kids are rough. Got smacked twice today by crashing foils. When the frames came out I was paying a lot more attention .
  5. Yesterday
  6. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

Way to go Barton!! Nice prize..
  7. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

Congrats on the win. Very nice kite. I have one in my cellular kite bag.
  8. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

We have a winner! Congratulations Barton! @bbailey49 Please PM me your contact info so I can get her in the mail to you. Whoot Whoot!!
  9. Karma Drawing: 1/20/18 Becolino SLK

Getting ready to draw currently have @RobB @Ca Ike @bbailey49 drawing now if i can remember how...
  10. Revolution Supersonic (Blue)

Message sent
  11. Midnight Royal Taboo

Ready for Framing
  12. Midnight Royal Taboo

BEFORE and AFTER
  13. My PRECIOUS!

Lol🤣
  14. New kite arrived

Yeahhhhh, very cool @oapbillf I'm happy to see you happy, and thank you for the opening of this topic. I hope to see here other happy owners. Don't hesitate to post your Revopolo here when you will receive it
  15. Welcome Hemant Dave

Hello @Hemant Dave, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  16. My PRECIOUS!

Nice ! My dog kept telling me the dog barking had an accent.
  17. New kite arrived

My new Custom POLO has arrived ! Some of you might have been worried about quality, let me assure you that the quality is good ! There are a few minor changes but nothing detrimental. If it stops raining I might just go and fly it ! This is the second kite of this layout that I have and is going to be used as a kite for my team, Facebook "Dunstable Downs old gents"
  18. Rev LE Vertical Wear Kevlar Band-Aid

Great solution.. repeatable and sturdier than original.
  19. Welcome Hemant Dave

Hello @Hemant Dave, Welcome to KiteLife®! Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Need to tweak settings? Edit your profile here - View Member Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/ Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for... Member Chat Member Map KL Shop And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life!
  20. My PRECIOUS!

West Wittering, south coast UK[emoji4] Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app
  21. Rev LE Vertical Wear Kevlar Band-Aid

i fix this problem to all mi rev's adding and sewing ripstop tape on the tabs going till to the sail solving on this way future rips on the mesh
  22. Abrasion is a common problem with the Rev LE Vertical Tabs caused by the vertical spars or end-caps rubbing against the Dacron tabs and eventually coming in direct contact with the LE spar. The B-Pro series kites have a piece of Kevlar sewn internally to this tab which prevents this problem. But what do you do if your kite suffers damage and does not have this nice pro feature? Introducing the Kevlar Band-Aid... It is a simple idea and is probably self-explanatory but I thought I would share how I repaired the damage to my kite in case it might help you. Here is the damage that occurred to my kite: To repair this damage I made a “Kevlar Band-Aid” from Dacron Tape, woven Kevlar, and a strong 3M adhesive tape. Here is the design followed by a picture of the Band-Aid: Note that the adhesive tape that I used is very strong and you only get one chance to apply it to anything, hence the Kevlar being slightly askew. Avoid touching it with your fingers. Apply the Band-Aid to the damaged area and clamp it for several hours. After the Band-Aid has been applied you will probably need to recreate the hole for the vertical end-cap shock-cord. I use a soldering iron or wood burning tool to do this... Applied Band-Aid and recreated hole Here is the completed repair: Your vertical spars probably have suffered some damage if this has happened to you. I labeled the damaged ends of my spars as “VB” (Vertical Bottom) to insure that I use these spars only for the verticals and place the worn ends at the bottom. From the picture it appears that there is a crack in one of the spars but this seems to be a crack in the “clear coat” that was applied to the spars. It would certainly be a good idea to have spares should a worn spar fail while you are in the field. I hope you find this useful. S.F.
  23. Albatross 5 Stack Quad

Have some of those coming up at a later date Riff
  24. Albatross 5 Stack Quad

Albatross and Hengda are both China brands. This particular style was also known as the Tomahawk design. I have a mid-vent version and mine seems to be Ripstop Nylon but I've never gotten it wet so not positive on that.. As Scott said, decent kite. Frame (LE on mine at least) is a touch bulky but it's also tapered. I put a Rev bridle on mine to let the public try their hand at quad. I've had it a few years now and it has held up well.. NOTE*** I'm assuming the kites in this stack is very similar to my Hengda kite that looks identical except for the vents.
  25. Albatross 5 Stack Quad

I assume some China offshoot. Not a kite geek on material..but seems to be an ok ripstop. I have no knowledge of makers or details....only selling for someone in need. Never flown any of the China brands until today. It is a Kite...it flies...if I had the cash, I would buy it. Reframe it later after something breaks and tune it to my preferences along the way.
  26. New Kite only (no lines and handles) Revolution SuperSonic $225 shipped Link to photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1G4Pl3bcDXe7-IZp7XPsZoE1vthgQAcg8?usp=sharing
  1. Load more activity