• Click the STAR to be taken directly to the first unread post in a topic.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Axle help

Maybe take 2 lines off the kite?
  3. Yesterday
  4. Bridle Jig

Not wanting to hijack the other thread I thought I share a little bit of insight into my Jigboards. Here's about as much as I'm willing to share. Every mark on this board is for a reason.. I also have a reference chart (covered) for all sizes of bridles I use as well as some critical marks for my Symphony bridles when I make those. and triangle charts for bowtie panel sizes.. Keeps me from having to reinvent the wheel every time I sew, sleeve or knot. I can tie, and also also do all my bridle measurements without the need for a ruler. I also have a separate jig board. (still experimental) to tie French bridles from a single piece of line. There is a bit of doubling on those but still it was a personal challenge to do so. So these two boards are used to create: 72" Bridles 83" Bridles 93" Bridles 97" Bridles LE Sleeve Sleeving Segments 2.2.4 Backsplice Marks Bowtie panels for all sizes so far Winder Templates
  5. Flying with no sleeving

It looks just like the sleeved lines, only imagine two figure-eight knots instead of two overhand at the base of the loop, and a loop that's two inches longer, and no sleeving. You can tie one more figure-eight knot in the distal end of the loop so there is something you can grab easily to undo the larkshead when breaking down the kite.
  6. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Great looking kite. Will have to pay closer attention in the future. Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
  7. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

@Pacolyps & @ChopperChuck Please note this drawing was already over when you responded. It was indeed a very nice prize and we expect the new Karma to be up in the near future..
  8. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

I'm in! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Flying with no sleeving

I use sleeving on my regular length lines, it's only my 30' and indoor (10.5') that that I don't sleeve.
  10. MakingSnagProofRev.Handles

Thanks riffclown You have inspired me to think about your process for tying knots and designing my own jig. I will let you all know how it turns out... I will also share a picture of my jig when I am successful. I am very accurate with tying and spacing my knots under tension using a rule and marking the knot tying points but it is very tedious. And matching identical knot assemblies such as a bridle or leader requires some adjustments afterwards if there were slight errors. Perhaps the jig can make my process more consistent.
  11. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Congratulations Elmoz use her well. And thank you Mark for putting up such a great prize. The Karma draws are awesome! I'd enter them more often but don't have anything in my kite bag that I would be willing to put up. Sent from my SM-G920W8 using KiteLife mobile app
  12. MakingSnagProofRev.Handles

Here's the Jig I designed to tie my bridles.. I can tie all three bridles on the same jig by looping a few strategic places.. No loops gives me the 72" LE or Rev II size which I use the most. Other strategic loops give me the standard 1.5 size, 84" size or the 97" LE Bridles I tend to like as well. The board is a simple pine craft board.. the holes are drillled to fit Q-Tip shafts.. I wrap the knot areas, mark them with a sharpie marker and then tie them off. The same principle is applicable to any knot based system requiring repetition like Leaders. there are a few additional tricks to increase consistency but it's really just paying attention to the details and keeping the tension at all points the same. The back of the board has my marks for patterning Leading Edge for 72", 83' 93" and 97" Kites. Anyone will probably show you their bridle and/or leader jig.. No one will show you their dimensions or let you" measure them".. Can you blame them?? I could not make a kite without this board. it gets used for at least 4 different steps.
  13. Last week
  14. Axle help

Yup, easier to get that sharp pop past your hip on shorter lines. Throw lots of slack with the other, more than you would with longer lines. Easier to see the way it reacts on shorter lines too. Midvent in 6-9mph is axel heaven. Any more than 9, work it closer to the edges of the window. Practice both directions so you don't become "handed".
  15. Axle help

Just thought I'd share, I was flying my mid-vent today in about 6-9mph on 30ft lines and something just clicked on the axle front yey at last! Hopefully I can replicate it with different conditions/kites. Sent from my SM-G903F using KiteLife mobile app
  16. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

I would like to thank Mark for an awesome karma prize. I would also like to thank all of you folks for your kind words of congratulations. I will have the next karma drawing up soon, so keep an eye out.
  17. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Nice score, Elmo ! Karma knew that I already had a nice Rainbow Rev, and chose someone who needed this kite more than me...
  18. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Congrats Elmo! VERY nice offering from Mark, thank you!
  19. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Sweet take-home, congrats Elmo!! Send pics
  20. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Congratulations Elmo. She's a beautiful kite.
  21. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

I'm In Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
  22. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Great win Elmo! Congrats! Thanks makatakam for a super prize!
  23. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Congrats Elmo. happy fly
  24. Welcome Ceej

Welcome Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
  25. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Congratulations Elmo. When I click on it it says open link. But then it's blurry when I zoomed in. Sent from my IPhone
  26. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

Winner is elmo264. The random.org page is a photo, not a link.
  27. KARMA 9/21/2017: Revolution Rainbow Radical

I can't open the link on my phone. ☹️. Who's the lucky Winner Sent from my IPhone
  1. Load more activity