KiteLife Forum

Rev mega fly at KP5!

John Barresi

Hey-o...

We're gearing up for one another massive team quad gathering at Dave Shenkman's Kite Party 5 in Huntington Beach... [ ;) ]

The tentative list of quad attendees so far:

1. John Barresi (OR)

2. Steve de Rooy (Canada)

3. Todd Rudolph (WA)

4. David Hathaway (Canada)

5. Cal Yuen (Canada)

6. Justin Redington (WA)

7. JD Fabich (OR)

8. Mark Lummas (CA)

9. Jeanette Lummas (CA)

10. Ron Despojado (CA)

11. Susan Shampo (CA)

12. Jim Foster (CA)

13. Mike Kory (IL)

14. Dave Shenkman (CA)

15. Jim Cosca (MD)

16. Hector Herrera (CA)

If you'd like to get in on the action, PLEASE review all of the information found at the URL below...

http://www.iquad.us/join.htm

If you're going to be there and can handle a quad, please post back here so we can add you to the list! If you're on the list and won't be able to make it, same thing, please let us know.

Let's blow this festival wide open with some quad goodness!

This thread is also going on GWTW, found here...

http://gwtw-kites.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31911

I was reminded that there is a 75' rule for lines at Kite Party.

After further consideration, IF I can get iQuad's long lines (120') cleared with the organizer... Due to the limited space, we'll be limiting the mega fly to capable Rev fliers. Indeed, there isn't a lot of room and we'll go out of our way to not cut into anyone else's fun.

Anyone who knows me will know how serious I am about keeping a balance for everyone.

Kites are fun, we'll do our part to keep it that way.

For all those quad fliers who are learning and want to join in on the action, come up to WSIKF later in the year and we'll give everyone a shot at joining in on the fun.

• 1 month later...

John, it was great meeting you and the rest of the crew @ KP5. I took some video of the demo on Sat. I sent a DVD to Dave. It actually turned out pretty good. The view was from the front @ ground level. Thanks for all your efforts, you guys put on a great show. Geo.

Hey-o...

another massive team quad

1. John Barresi (OR) 2. Steve de Rooy (Canada) 3. Todd Rudolph (WA) 4. David Hathaway (Canada)

5. Cal Yuen (Canada)6. Justin Redington (WA) 7. JD Fabich (OR) 8. Mark Lummas (CA) 9. Jeanette Lummas (CA)

10. Ron Despojado (CA) 11. Susan Shampo (CA) 12. Jim Foster (CA) 13. Mike Kory (IL)

14. Dave Shenkman (CA) 15. Jim Cosca (MD)

16. Hector Herrera (CA)

Did we miss anyone???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=61...41420&hl=en

post-650-1173406585_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173406979_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173409604_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173409818_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173410386_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173410492_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173411337_thumb.jpg

post-650-1173411362_thumb.jpg

GREAT video Hector, and even better memories!

It was really good of you to fly with us, a real pleasure. :wub:

For those reading this thread, Hector was flying the red iQuad kite in the last half of the video... #4 position... He picked right up on our moves and did very well considering he'd never ever flown team with anyone before.

Kudos to our iQuad hermano!

Ah, and I also sit here with a big smile on my face. Hector, it was really a pleasure meeting you there and one of my best memories of the weekend was following your red baron with the iquad kites. You did a superb job for someone who had never flown in a team like before.

thanks again for the smiles!

Ah, and I also sit here with a big smile on my face. Hector, it was really a pleasure meeting you there and one of my best memories of the weekend was following your red baron with the iquad kites. You did a superb job for someone who had never flown in a team like before.

thanks again for the smiles!

The real pleasure was and is MINE... You guys have been my inspiration to continue in this kite flying thing...

The Kite Party was pretty good, "Just one thing I missed"...that WOLF was soooo...lucky... for two day in a row I tried to set up my dog stake design, and I just couln't do it... if it wasn't one reazon, it was another, I guess the WOLF scaped unscratched this time,...but I will wait another year and get ready for the next Hunting Season, and there will be no place to hide, no beach to run, NO SCAPE. :wub:

Just watched the video Hector, absolutly priceless. I especially liked the bit where iQuad was "dogfighting" with Snoopy.

Love the spider kite. Keep practicing the Dogstake. If you can get the right ammunition I recon that Wolf will have to watch out.

sweet kite hector i dont know how you do it

How do I do it?...???Sometimes, necesity is very helpfull. When you don't have the money to buy a real vented REVO. then...

the genius inside you wakes up, and creates funny things, like the Spider. Here is a picture taken by Chilese @ the H.P. party.

I added a couple of spiders in the midle of the web, on each side. I only payed 99 cents for each spider, and I kind of stick them with crazy glue and hand sew them also. It looks better. The one in the midle is my own hand drawing and then cut out of fabric and machine sewed it. I am glad you like it.

post-650-1173494541_thumb.jpg