KiteLife Forum

LOGO CONTEST

John Barresi

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to get the ai file emailed to you some time this afternoon.

and check on the "iQuad" will fix with next version also (along with the stylistics of the Revs.)

Later,

Chris

P.S. I'm not worried about you, or anybody else, being picky. I have been a graphic artist for too long to not know how to take constructive criticism.

Ok, so I managed to get the latest changes made a little sooner than I anticipated. Anyway here it is...

post-544-1158857521_thumb.jpg

John, the ai file (that I will try to get to you soon) has the "iQuad" in various fonts that have been converted to curves. Picking a font is so subjective, everyone seems to have their own tastes. I also left it as active text in case you would like to plug in a font face of your own choosing.

Later,

Chris

AArrrggghh, I just realized that the stroks around the colored portions of the Revs is wrong. They are supposed each be the corresponding color....I will get that fixed shortly....

oh well,

Chris

BTW: John, I can't email this file to you becuase it is 8 meg. in size and my email will only let me attach files up to 2 meg. Since it is vector it won't compress very much either. Any suggestions on how I should get it to you?

No problem, thanks. ;)

I was also think of the Rev going in differently... Same spot, flipped horizontally so that the points are all unhindered by overlap.

That would also allow the Rev to be the same color (black), possibly with a very small space between it's LE and the end of the Q where it's "attached".

This is going well, I'm really stoked.

John, noted your ideas and made mods as per. I am trying to upload to the ftp, but it seems I have read only access and cant upload. Anything you might be able to do about that. ;)

Made a couple of small mods myself in addition to the ones you suggested.

post-544-1158893963_thumb.jpg

Just curious how much adobe illustrator experience do you have? If you are new to the application, it can seem a bit overwhelming at first. If you need I could give you a call and coach you through anything (well almost anything, there are still many features of illustrator I just havn't had the opportunity make use of yet) that you might have difficulties with.

Chris

Wow, it's coming along... I did like the white space in the "A" and "D" in previous versions, which seems to have closed up in this latest version.

Seems to make the A and Q more readable from a distance.

My experience with AI is limited, but I am very intuitive with software... I'd hopeful about making basic changes to layers and coloring.

When we go to do black and white versions, we'll have to take the gradients out and go with solid colors... So, I'll have to learn. ;)

As for FTP... You were set for an unlimited quota, but I just changed it to 100MB, to be sure. Try it again, let me know what happens.

I assume each dude is a separate layer with white outline, that can be moved?

Just a few overlap details I'd like to adjust... Note the subtle differences in overlap between the last dudes I posted and yours.

I moved arms so that none of the hands and handles are overlapping... Clearer to the eye, easier to recognize.

Also, #2 guy... Spikey hair... I moved his head so the point of that spike is not on the line of guy #1, again for clarity (same with #6 & #7).

Lastly, guy #7... I moved one of his hands so the Rev handle is 100% visible... Making it so every dude has at least one unobstructed handle.

Am I annoying you yet? *chuckle*

Great work mon, we're almost there!

Ok, so I tried it again...and this a different wierd thing happend. I have using Safari, and when I enter the ftp address, explorer automatically launces and pops up a connection window that has 3 entry fields. "User ID", "password", and "account" enter the info you gave me and leave the account field blank (don't know what I would put there) and it comes back and says there was a connection failure.

I think I will try one other thing...I will delet all my construction pieces leaving just the current version of the Logo only I think that might reduce the file size to a managble size I can email

Chris

No, not that I am aware of. Can you suggest such a program that is Mac compatible?

In the meantime for the purposes of getting this file to you I managed to get the file size down to 1.8 meg which will allow me to email it to you, which I will do in a few minutes...hopefully.

If you need or would like, I canstill burn all my project files to a cdr and mail it to you for your future use.

Chris