KiteLife Forum

Mike Sterling and Team Cyborg

mahjshn

Or...just come out and fly at Delta Park :)

Thanks all for your help. Thanks to the interent I was able to track down his phone number. I've actually talked to him on the phone and he said he would be willing to make me a cyborg. Just doesn't know when.

-Mahjshn :)

• 1 year later...

Gads...

I wish I could find that shoe box of old kite photos.....I had a photo of MIKE AND GANG...ARRIVING AT LONGBEACH in that old vintage (was it light blue) school bus of his.

What a presense CYBORG would make when they took to the flying and staging areas...

Action on the boardwalk would always STOP! when Mike and gang would take to the air. I was given one of those kites of Mikes for a weekend at Ocean Shores.....(in 1992-3?) and had a blast with it.

attached photo: The famous Longbeach boardwalk... (How many times over the years have we heard folks flying to the great old song?) "UNDER THE BOARDWALK!"

post-3459-1213886440_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Please pass this on to Mike Sterling from Paul Jobin, formerly of the Blitz team.

Just remembering the 1st Team World Cup at Seaside Oregon where I had the pleasure to meet you for the first time.

It was such a great laugh that weekend that Johnny Claffey and I still laugh about some of the jokes that occurred.

Remember the tent that moved 50 yards down the beach?

Blitz 2 Security 0

How safe the whole event was?

How we all styled in Blitz shorts?

Putting TOTL stickers on everything that moved.

It was a great weekend - topped off by my lasting memory of the 6 of team flying with Cyborg kites.

Oh - happy days.

Hope your well.

Paul Jobin.

• 4 years later...

How are you doing 'kid'?

another old fart from the past. This is Bob Neiman & I was just rummaging through all my I'd kites & came upon the Team Radial Cyborg Mike made for me on this very day! In 1991!!!  So I started to reminisce & got on google to look up Mike Sterling, & well, here I land in this thread. 

I remember all the good times we had in the 90's (when you were just a kid!)

mom now in Phoenix, but don't fly as much as I'd like to. Say hi to any of the gang we used to fly with & against!

bob

• Like 1

• 6 years later...