KiteLife Forum

looking for used kite

Guest Jim

A friend of mine has a kite called a Tori Tako. It's a ten foot kite. Has anybody heard of it? Who made it and does anybody have an old used one in good shape they want to get rid of?

Jim.

Tori Tako was a kite company based in Las Vegas during the early and mid-90's... Far as I know, they are no longer producing kites.

The kite your friend has is likely better known by a model name, in addition to the manufacturer name of Tori Tako... 10 foot, wow!

If you take a photo of the kite and post it here, we'll stand a better chance of identifying it. :confused!:

a 10 foot tako now that i gotta see :lol:

My friend has what he calls his two 8ft and one 10ft Tori Tori kites (They have Tori Tako printed on them). They are double string stunt kites. The 8 footers need 5 mph to fly well but the one he calls the ten footer will fly well in 2 mph. I didn't actually measure the kites but the "ten footer" is very large. (And we often go to Ocean City Wa if you want to see it.)

Ocean Shores... I generally attend the International Kite Challenge in June and Summer Heat in August, both put on by Cutting Edge Kites. :lol:

As one of the "oldest" sport kite fliers here, I actually used to compete against fliers who used Tori Takos... I remember the pairs team Tori Tako as well, nice people... Odd fashion sense, but nice people. :(

• 2 months later...
Tori Tako was a kite company based in Las Vegas during the early and mid-90's... Far as I know, they are no longer producing kites.

The kite your friend has is likely better known by a model name, in addition to the manufacturer name of Tori Tako... 10 foot, wow!

If you take a photo of the kite and post it here, we'll stand a better chance of identifying it. ;)

Well, I measured the "10 ft" Tori Tako and cloth to cloth it's 120 inches. Knock to knock it is about 127 inches. (this is all assembled). I have pictures but I can't figure out how to attach them here.

We've decided to give up on finding another one so we are going to try to copy it. It probably will only cost about twice as much to make one as to buy on at the original price!

Jim F.

post-1-1171165594_thumb.jpg

post-1-1171165610_thumb.jpg

post-1-1171165653_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Barresi
Added photos for Jim.

Thanks YodaCal.

I sent off an email, so Erv will probably get a good laugh at some one asking about a 12 year old kite. But then who knows, maybe he just happens to have on buried under a pile of stuff, or maybe knows someone who bought one and wants to get rid of it. Who knows.

Thanks again,

Jim F.

Steve still has his Tori Tako Eagles.. we get them out once in awhile, they are great old kites. The light colored one used to be as bright as the red one but has spent many hours in the sky and is sun faded now.

76239155QUYpai_th.jpg

I hope you find what you are looking for.. some days are just meant for the old school kites..

Take care,

debbie