KiteLife Forum

Bridling question

lrojas

I was trying to figure out if my new kite that I got off ebay has a bridle problem. Ohh by the way I did post this question on the wrong area of the forum too, so if you see it, you aren't seeing double.

the bridle system on the kite is all equi-length. the outside lines are the same length as the inner ones. the leading edge lines are the same as the ones in the middle and back edge lines. essentially the points are making a equilateral triangle. It just seems to me that the leading edge lines should be shorter to make the kite fly more level to the ground when in the air, so the pockets can open more. It just seems this way to me, but I'm used to dual line kites and not the parastunter type. Hope you can understand this ramblings and descriptions I have made.

what kind of kite is it? Brand, manufacturer? If it is a foil type kite (ram-air foil) it is possible that all the bridle lines could be the same lenght to keep the shape of the foil in the right position for the proper angle of attack. The foil itself would be differently shaped with internal battons and struts to create the lift/drag needed to get the kite off of the ground. Does the kite fly properly? If so then I would guess the bridle is fine and wouldn't mess with it. If the kite does not fly properly and the bridle appears to be adjustable, some adjustment in the bridle may be necessary. Before making any adjustments I would mark the lines with a permanent marker in an area that can be used for a good reference (usually at the knot) before performing any adjustments (if it is not already marked). That way you can always get it back to the original position. Good luck!