KiteLife Forum

Intermediate Kite

mello67

Hi there, I am new to this site. Wow alot of great info.

Anyways, I am looking for a new kite for myself, I am a intermediate flyer who is still learning tricks and manuvers. I have been looking a few different kites:

Skyburner - freestylist

Level one - Jumping Jack Flash

Level one - Genesis

I was would like some input as to which kite is easy to learn tricks on, and I will still be able to grow with. Any info or input on these kites? If there are any other kites you would reccomend that would be great.

Hi there, I am new to this site. Wow alot of great info.

Anyways, I am looking for a new kite for myself, I am a intermediate flyer who is still learning tricks and manuvers. I have been looking a few different kites:

Skyburner - freestylist

Level one - Jumping Jack Flash

Level one - Genesis

I was would like some input as to which kite is easy to learn tricks on, and I will still be able to grow with. Any info or input on these kites? If there are any other kites you would reccomend that would be great.

Theres also the Benson DeepSpace, R-Sky Nirvana, and Air Oeuvre Mowhawk

I just recently went through the same thing and after much self debate and indecision, I ordered a Mowhawk. I'm currently awating its arrival which should be in a week or two from now (custom sail). Many factors went into this decision - most of them of personal prefrence. But one of the main ones was as I was talking to Rob (the maker of the kite), he said it was designed specifially for that (to pharaphrase quote you) - "I am a intermediate flyer who is still learning tricks and manuvers. I would like a kite that is easy to learn tricks on, and would be able to grow with." -

Each kite you mentioned are all great kites, now its just a matter of narrowing it down to personal prefrences in what you want in a kite (weight, wind range, pull, inputs). For me, the Mowhawk suited all of these for me as its not a heavy kite, has a wide wind ranges, very little pull and takes small inputs. As for performance, I cant say yet as I dont yet have it in my hands, but I have read nothing but good things about it. Being in the same positions as you, Im sure it will very well suit my needs and I think its one that would be worth it to check into.

Hopefully someone whos flyed one can chime in and give more specifics as to the Mowhawk's performance and correct me if im right or wrong about my above statement as well as give you more/other kite suggestions.

great choises skyclad :) you can also go for the prism mirage and quantom pro e2 elixer and alien are good kites i also like the benson deep space i had a chance to try one out yesterday at my local park great for doing fades the new tech big bang is a large kite but a good learner to try out too you can also try the HQtramtana ghoul and for light winds the shadow i could keep going but ill let you look at these first ;) skyclad i cant wait to see that type o mowhawk :)

I already own a Prism Mirage, good kite but looking for a little more. The wind range I usually fly in is 2-20mph as I fly near large lakes. I perfer the kite to have a positive pull with average to small inputs. Hope this helps. Has anyone flown the Jumpin Jack Flash?? I'll look up those other recommendations.

Does anyone know about the Kite Shoppe, Have have emailed them several times over the last two weeks with no reply????

Maybe they are out of town?? I would like to know the availibility on these kites.

Forgive me for repeating myself from another thread first off...

The kiteshoppe is a wonderful place to do business with! Theresa really goes out of her way to make sure you are treated more than right (which is extremely rare with most any kind of busniess). So far ive bought 3 kites through them and everything has arrived very well packaged and has never arrived late. I will always refer them to people, and as long as im flying stunt kites, all my major purchases will be through them!

The Kite Shoppe rocks!! :blue-confused::(:ani_punk:

I hate to say it, but she (Theresa from The Kite Shoppe) is a bit slow with emails. So any questions I have for them, I call Theresa directly at the shop. I have had 0 problems dealing with them that way. She has always been more than helpful and paitent with my questions. And now that I come to think about it, I 99% positive she is (or was) out of town as a matter of fact. Either way, give them a call at thier 866 number (1-866-ROKKAKU) and Theresa will be more than happy to help you!

Skyclad, Thats what I thought. I have not done any business with them, but everthing I have heard about them has been good. I look forward to dealing with a fellow kite enthusist, and not another "store" trying to make a sale. I will try and phone them tommorrow. Do they carry the Mowhawk ? I dont see it on their site. Is the 866 number toll free??

Thanks

Skyclad, Thats what I thought. I have not done any business with them, but everthing I have heard about them has been good. I look forward to dealing with a fellow kite enthusist, and not another "store" trying to make a sale. I will try and phone them tommorrow. Do they carry the Mowhawk ? I dont see it on their site. Is the 866 number toll free??

Thanks

In my personal experience with them, they have treated me more than right! So far I have no read one bad thing about them, and I dont see why I ever would. They are definitely a shop that is there for the flyers and thier business and certiantly not there to just make a fast buck. I am still a new customer with them (3 kites and a skyshark tube), but ever since I first dealt with them, they have treated me as if I was a long time regular with them.

Even though its not on thier site yet (they are getting ready to do a makeover to thier site), they do carry the mowhawk. In fact that is where I ordered mine from - Im just waiting on the custom sail to be made before I actually have it in my hands. And yes, 866 is toll free :blue-confused:

The Kite Shoppe Forum is the best way to stay up to date, on the latest kites and prices, they have to offer. Theresa will also post, if she is going out of town, how long she will be gone, when to expect the shoppe to re-open.

Hi Jay!!

Yep, just back from the Windless Indoor event in Long Beach! It was great....just wish you could have gone with us this time. We all had such a great time, even with the snow and ice and cold. It's NOT supposed to snow at the beach! LOL!

I'm back now, but the snow and the road conditions kept me homebound today. Fire in the fireplace all day was nice and warm vs cold and snowy outside.

Even though schools will be closed here again tomorrow, Lam and I should be back in the shoppe tomorrow.

Are you back to regular schedule yet?

See ya!

T

Thanks for the replys. everyone is very helpful here. I ordered a new Level One Jumping Jack Flash (Standard) from the kite shoppe yesterday. Now the waiting begins, looking forward to flying it!!!

Thank you Theresa for the service, looks like you have a new customer. ;):)

its funny when a person says hey I want information on kites A,B,C the immediate response is what about x,y,z.

Yes there are lot of kites out there (mmm I have a reasonable cross section) but its not productive to list every other kite under the sun. Especially if you have not flown any of the kites in question.

And yes THERESA is tops - she puts a lot back into kiting and is a wonderful person also.

Robert

• 2 years later...