KiteLife Forum

Always a problem... Selecting music!

John Barresi

Stranglers, Walking on the beaches looking at the peaches :sign_kitelife:

Always thought that Gnarls Barkley? song would suit. Will think of the one soon, just gone blank.

Or blast cant think of that one either. Catch you later.

You could check into something from the "Pulp Fiction" soundtrack, there are a couple songs on there I have considered using myself in the future. I had also considered "Putting on the Ritz"...just need Tuxedo Rev for it to really look right :sign_kitelife:

Chris

• Like 1

Nice thoughts Baloo... Keep 'em coming. :sign_kitelife:

Pulp Fiction... I always like Jungle Boogie for demos (see my 2nd Sea Devil video), and Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon seems like it's more up Monkey's alley. *cackle*

Wow, Puttin' on the Ritz is crazy! LOL

Ya'll are expanding my musical tastes rapidly.

I'd suggest going to the Music Wharehouse and chekcing out ther used CD's. Take 5 at a time up to the counter and zip through them quickly.

Other choices:

A song dedicated to Shannon would have lots of feeling.

A song that tells a story of success or travel that resembles what is going on in your life would work great for you.

Paint yourself green and fly to "It ain't easy being green" even though it's even harder to find music. :sign_kitelife: Good luck~

BB Penny

I already have lots of passionate demo tracks... I'm looking for a tight and tough competition piece. :sign_kitelife:

Ahh, you mean you are looking for music for the judges.

Slow, fast, lots of opportunities. Or just fast, tricks and blow them away. Seriously John, if you have a wharehouse music store or another store that lets you listen to music, it's a great way to find some.

I've asked for music help over the years and once in a while someone offers up something that will work. Most of the time, it's such a personal choice.

People have put together cd's and tapes for me and they are wonderful to play to, but seldom have that song you KNOW will win it for you.

Or maybe someone will say "Use this." and you can win with it. :)

The easiest music that fits the bill is Movie Sound Tracks. They were created for the masses. Good luck.

BB Penny

Try my old ballet music.

"Its oh so quiet" - Bjork

It has extremes in it from quiet to loud, slow to fast.

Great song, but it's already in use by at least two strong European fliers... Gregory Raynes and Paul DeBakker. :sign_kitelife:

Slow, fast, lots of opportunities. Or just fast, tricks and blow them away.

The ideal ballet music for me, is laid out like this...

1. Starts medium, but strong.
  2. Middle is softer, more "curved"...
  3. End is medium/fast, very powerful, ends on a solid beat.

A great example is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen... Awesome dynamics, but too long, and ugly if it's trimmed (everyone would feel it).

Looking for two strong, repeated sections with a crescendo and fall of some kind roughly one third of the way into the track, and another about two thirds of the way into the track... These are for risky, "trademark" moves.

Seriously John, if you have a warehouse music store or another store that lets you listen to music, it's a great way to find some.
Great idea, but I have so much going on this year, that I don't have the time or the patience... It's all got to come through the computer. :)
I've asked for music help over the years and once in a while someone offers up something that will work. Most of the time, it's such a personal choice.

I've had the same experiences... However, my having a relatively small amount of music knowledge retention for song and group names doesn't help.

People have put together cd's and tapes for me and they are wonderful to play to, but seldom have that song you KNOW will win it for you.
Oh, I don't know... I can generally tell on the first listen whether or not I've hit on one that will work for me.
The easiest music that fits the bill is Movie Sound Tracks. They were created for the masses. Good luck.

Aye, problem is... So many of the soundtracks done in the last 10 years haven't been composed (choreographed) for the scenes, and are just "mood" selections pulled out of one mainstream music genre or another. :)

But, they come by now and then... I've already heard a couple of tracks I like and hadn't heard before, just from the input so far.

Keep it coming, if you've got something in mind. ;)

OK, we'll keep looking.

You're right, most people can tell on the first listen. It's great when that happens... and you find the one.

Wow John, you're looking for music in a certain pattern? Maybe we need to find a good music forum for you and see if they have something to offer?

I'm still curious as to what Beatles music you have to fly that calls for a blue velvet 60's pimp outfit. :sign_kitelife:

BB

Penny

Try my old ballet music.

"Its oh so quiet" - Bjork

It has extremes in it from quiet to loud, slow to fast.

Great song, but it's already in use by at least two strong European fliers... Gregory Raynes and Paul DeBakker. :sign_kitelife:

Will you be competing with it in quad or dual?

To my knowledge Gregory does not fly quad competition anymore. He does compete dual randomly at trick competition. I never seen Paul flying at quad competitions only dual. Last I heard he wanted to work on the USA East coast and mentioned no time for competition. Sorry, I was not aware that either had used or are using the music.

I am not aware any other European competitor using the music at this time, though I know of three past cases in Europe.

The song has great potential, which I am sure no competitor has used to it's full extent including me. As I don't compete anymore, you don't have to worry about me.

Here's an idea...song just came up on my itunes playing in the background...

Meatloaf "Bat out of Hell" - title track

long song but has the qualities you are looking for and can be trimmed down considerably without destroying it...maybe...

Chris

Haven't been able to find a good download of the War track off of Rush Hour. :sign_kitelife:

Sounds like a good possibility though, gotta listen to it again.

Checked out the Satriani piece... A little too constant with the noise, need more ups and downs, breaks in the sound.

Keep 'em coming!