KiteLife Forum

tangeled lines

sky fish

i do that with my foil kites .. but for some reason i tried it with the rev lines and got a few twists i guess there is no such thing as the perfect unwind job

Few twists, you say a few twists? Hey, Lynn had well over 100 twists, and they were real twists. No amount of pulling at the ends was ever going to undo that baby. I was getting motion sickness just watching myself turn the handles over and over and over and over etc, etc, etc. Mind you, the lines were never undone from the kite or the handles. I must certainly find out how to do this trick. It might lead to a whole new way of winding up strands into rope. :)

Jim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity how do you take those pictures and use both hands to wind? Are you pushing the shutter with your teeth? you are the man! :)

Ha! I actually did try that, but gave up and went and got my charming wife to push the shutter.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Mike,

I have to tell you, while flying my new Rev for the first time this weekend, your mantra of "It's not as bad as it

looks" rang through my mind alot!!! And yes, you were right, my tangles weren't as bad as they looked.

I'm glad that I've been reading up the commentary on this Forum as it's been helping quite alot. :D

Heya Mike,

I have to tell you, while flying my new Rev for the first time this weekend, your mantra of "It's not as bad as it

looks" rang through my mind alot!!! And yes, you were right, my tangles weren't as bad as they looked.

I'm glad that I've been reading up the commentary on this Forum as it's been helping quite alot. :D

LOL, hey that's my mantra! It's ok... I pass it on and share it with everyone. But Mike's i't s not.. He's the one who doesn't get tangled lnes. I should be so lucky. :kid_cussing: BB Penny ~who learns everything the hard way.

LOL, hey that's my mantra! It's ok... I pass it on and share it with everyone. But Mike's i't s not.. He's the one who doesn't get tangled lnes. I should be so lucky. :D BB Penny ~who learns everything the hard way.

*Laughs* I tip my virtual hat to you then, Penny!!! (and add thanks to Mike too) ;D

well i stil do the 2 winder thing and no tangles so why mess with something that works.... right???

I think that's kinda key there, if you find a system that works for you don't mess with it. Unless you want to try a new idea ofcourse. :D

I've been winding both sets on one winder, and so far so good. *crosses fingers*

I've been winding both sets on one winder, and so far so good. *crosses fingers*

That is a good way to start out!

A good tip is to always wind up your lines yourself and always use the same technique. Kindly turn down offers from others to wind up your lines for you, even if you loaned them your lines.

That is a good way to start out!

A good tip is to always wind up your lines yourself and always use the same technique. Kindly turn down offers from others to wind up your lines for you, even if you loaned them your lines.

Well, I'm trying to start out by the books. If I can do something better as I learn along the way I will. I'm brand new to this. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible.

I can see where winding your own lines is vital! OMG.