KiteLife Forum

KAP rig. Tips, how to get started?

kellykelly

Hey KK...

If you want to go low budget, I put this setup together for less than $100. I all ready had the camera, and I adapted an old remote controlled car to be the radio control trigger. The kite I've been using is a Power Sled 24. I bought a Dopero, but haven't lifted the camera rig with it, yet. I need to figure out how to adapt a pivacet suspension to it to smooth out the ride for the rig. I've gotten some pleasing results, but it is kind of random. Coming home with hundreds of pictures, and deleting 75% is kind of disappointing.

Good luck with your project...

~Rob.

post-786-1190163446_thumb.jpg

post-786-1190163470_thumb.jpg

post-786-1190163962_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case you decide to build your own KAP rig, (as I recently did) you might find these items usfull.

I used this servo controller. (BestDealUSA Srervo Tester CCPM Consistency Master Checker 3CH)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MHVP7K/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paired with this servo (Continuous Rotating Servo)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BG9N5JM/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and a four AAA battery pack to make 6v

In idle mode that Servo controller will turn that servo continusly 360 degrees very slowly. Works like a champ!

You can add up to two more of those servos to that controler for click and tilt, but it will kill batties like no bodys business.

I would love too try! I have thought of a p.o.s. camera mount on the face of a rev or stack:)Very interested in the whole kapping thing. I have been reading a lot and speaking with a few forum members....eventually I will het to hook up with the Tampa bay folks again and get some fist hand advice.

We did one on a Rev a few years back...

Looks like the folks at l'Atelier may have a better system though...

That last one is an all time favorite of mine, great video. :)

Wow! had no eye deer! What a sheltered KiteLife I've lived. Thank you, my awakening continues.......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has plans for a rig that would work on a Rev, I would love a copy.I have an Olympus Tough 6200 that I would love to mount. It's waterproof and takes great underwater pics. I would love to get video of the kite going into and coming out of the water.