KiteLife Forum

Santa Cruz, CA 1st Kite Festival

Penny Lingenfelter

Woo Hoo. It should be an awesome weekend.

Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007 on the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz.

Ron Desporado promised to ride the roller coaster w/me afterwards. (I have dramine in my purse)

Here is a link to the festival. they have an awesome line up. Looks like John and Steve L. are even coming down. http://www.erzin.net/KiteFest/index.html

BB

Penny

• 2 weeks later...
WOW!! You do have a great line up!! I wish I could be out flying with you guys!!!

Have fun and take lots of photos!!!

:)

Santa Cruz was a fun experience. Rain w/no wind kept us out of the skies till about 11:00 AM. It cleared up and gave us a light wind. We could have used more to put the big kites up and really wow them. The boardwalk was awesome. On Sunday I sat and flew with the boardwalk as my back drop. while people on the boardwalk saw kites w/ the ocean beaches and sail boats as their backdrop.

I Quad, To Much Fun, Air Zone and others were there. I did hear rumors of a future weekend event with music. Tracy and Jeff Erzin (sp) put a lot of work into this event. Scott Weiderman didn't make it. :) Jay did, and lots more.

Kitefliers rode rides, played the arcade and visited though out the weekend. Ron Desjorado rode the roller coaster w/me. Wow.. I flew about a foot and 1/2 out of my seat on corners and ups/downs. One of the best roller coasters I'd I'ver been on. Then when we were stopped to get off they sent us out again! Whoooohooo.. We did a lot of holloring. lol When it was done... we were DONE. No more rides for me that day.... where did I put that dramine? One good thing, the roller coaster blow dried my wet hair and gave Ron a new hairstyle.

Kelly, I hope your event had more wind and was as much fun as Santa Cruz.

BB

Penny

post-61-1190835539_thumb.jpg