KiteLife Forum

Newbie with a Pyro XS

dleger

Hey Everyone,

I'm as newbie as you can get... 6 hours of flight time and hopelessly addicted.

I recently received my Pyro XS that I purchased "Slightly used" from someone... So far so good.

As I read different threads, reviews etc, I seem to be noticing that each kite has its specific areas of specialty. That, I guess, would explain why so many "frequent Flyers" have so many different kites in their bags.

Since the Pyro XS seems to be discontinued and there is no documentation included with the kite, I was wondering what this specific kite seems to excel at ?

In other words what type of flying should I concentrate on with this kite ?

• 2 weeks later...

The pyro xs does extremely sharp, square turns and tracks very well. It also loves to be on it's back, so any trick starting from the turtle position is pretty easy. It flick flacks easily and does a pretty fair axle, although I have a very hard time doing a half axle with it. Try a little weight on the tail. It's not my favorite kite in the bag but I do get it out occasionally when the wind is right (5 to 12).

• 2 months later...

Hi, welcome to sport kiting!

So what is the Pyro XS good at you ask? Just about everything. I designed it to be a great first beginner kite that the flier will always have in their growing kite bag. Once you move up to the next level of kite, hopefully one of mine ;):ani_yahoo: , it will be a kite you can give to a friend, or let some one even your small children use to get started on. Another words, its a good beater kite.

I have always concentrated more on learning and teaching precision because Precision equals control. Most kites at this price point have oversteer or not made that well. This kite as is most of my designs has the capability of being used as a precision trainer kite in most wind conditions.

When I can, I try to put a level of trickablitly into the kite as well, as long as it does not effect its precision. This kite is capable of alot of advanced slack line tricks as well as precision.

Best winds to you, and if I can be any assistance to you in the future, please let me know.

Happy New Year

Sincerely

Dodd

Dodd Gross Designs