KiteLife Forum

How difficult is it...

aifos

Hi.

I'm a young kitebuilder.

For a couple of weeks i've been looking for some plans over the internet.

Some of you, that read this now, have had the same problem.

People that say they have them, won't anwser our personnal messages, but keep saying in foruns that have them.

We can search and search again that some plan won't be found.

So... Theres space for all of us, kitebuilders. It isn't the fact that you are the only one flying that homemade kite that makes you a good kitebuilder. The fact that there are lost of that kite homemade, and your is still the best that gives you respect.

I'm sorry for my bad english. I just wantted to share this with all of you.

Thank you.

Hi.

I'm a young kitebuilder.

For a couple of weeks i've been looking for some plans over the internet.

Some of you, that read this now, have had the same problem.

People that say they have them, won't anwser our personnal messages, but keep saying in foruns that have them.

We can search and search again that some plan won't be found.

So... Theres space for all of us, kitebuilders. It isn't the fact that you are the only one flying that homemade kite that makes you a good kitebuilder. The fact that there are lost of that kite homemade, and your is still the best that gives you respect.

I'm sorry for my bad english. I just wantted to share this with all of you.

Thank you.

Aifos...

Have you tried kitebuilder.com??

They have quite a few plans and some great builders that share well.

• 1 year later...

Check out Tom's kitebuilding site! I'm building this one now and it is alot of fun to do. If you can use a sewing machine, this is a MUST BUILD.

The full plans and step by step instructions for the Le Quartz" designed by Christian Derefat are on the web site. I can't wait to fly this. :)

http://www.tweelijne...te-en/Home.html

Video of Le Quartz in action:

• Like 2

If your searching for the plans for commercial kites from a particular maker in the U.K., you might have run into his sense of humor.

There are a set of links that lead you in circles.

Commercial kite builders generally don't hand out their plans, and they frown on someone else handing out plans to their kites.

There are a lot of nice plans out there though, made available by designers that have gone to the effort to not only design a kite, but put the plans and instructions together in a way that will allow others to build them.

In other words, look at the plans that are available, rather than the ones that aren't (or shouldn't be).

http://www.Kitebuilder.com is great. http://www.kiteplans.com as well.

• Like 1