KiteLife Forum

skyburner freestylist UL

djinnz free

The Freestylist is night and day to the Prism Micro(n) if I am thinking of the right kite. Awesome kite that flies very well. The Micron is a very small kite that flies like a bumblebee on red bull. The Freestylist is a very trick oriented kite that also tracks very well. It is designed to fly in the lighter wind ranges. The UL is good in 2-3 mph to 8-9 mph winds. The standard works well in 3-5 mph to 12-15 mph winds.

I love my Freestylist's, I have both the standard & UL now & wouldn't give them up for anything. When I don't seem to be clicking with other kites I can always reach for my Freestylist and I will have fun, they (or me) like to play on the ground, they respond well to aggressive inputs when your in that mood and they do well a lighter touch too for a slower floaty style. The standard takes a bit of wind to work well so I was surprised how little wind the UL can actually fly in, although I have a harder time with some of the few tricks I can do but I haven't tried it with the weight, that would probably help.

It has a bit of oversteer but not unmanageable and the standard experiences a bit of wingtip shudder above 12 mph. I'd love to reframe mine in Nitro's, I think the aggressive style I like to use with this kite would come alive with a set of Nitro's.

I would recommend it, there are other good choices for less $$$ but they are not the hand built in the USA quality your getting from Heads Up & Skyburner with the Freestylist.

• 3 weeks later...