KiteLife Forum

Darn bridles

jambo101

My Rev2 just isnt handling correctly as in seems sluggish in turns and sometimes only makes a half turn,i'm assuming the bridle needs adjustment which i'm also having trouble trying to get it right,I was wondering if the bridle is really necessary on this particular quad line kite,can i just fit the lines straight to the spars??

Also if we have any Hawaiian Team Kite pro's do you have any advice or links to a site that would put the bridle back to manufacturers specs as this one i have is also out of whack making the kite slow and sluggish..

the rev 2 is a kite for moderate to heavy winds.. you could try it without a bridle but that method is better for 3d light wind flying. try doin some adjustments to your bridle and also during flight make sure you dont have a bridle wraped arond the frame as sometimes that can happen

My Rev2 just isnt handling correctly as in seems sluggish in turns and sometimes only makes a half turn,i'm assuming the bridle needs adjustment which i'm also having trouble trying to get it right,I was wondering if the bridle is really necessary on this particular quad line kite,can i just fit the lines straight to the spars??

Also if we have any Hawaiian Team Kite pro's do you have any advice or links to a site that would put the bridle back to manufacturers specs as this one i have is also out of whack making the kite slow and sluggish..

On the Rev I would suggest checking your line set first. Are all the lines the same length? Also a really silly question but I have seen it, make sure the down spars are on the back of the kite. Having them the wrong way around would also give the performance issues you described.

Yes, if the bridle is on correctly, and it's flown in the pass, it's probably not your bridle. Make sure both sides of the bridle are even. Quite often, thre is the tinitiest line wrap about a knot on the bundgee, or something that is the cause. Make sure your caps are put on correct and not twisting the bundgee.

I fly most of my Rev's with out a bridle, however the Rev II and the speed series are to quick. I keep the bridles on them, to keep them slower.

What handles are you using?

Good luck. BB Penny

For your Rev, check your flying lines, chances are that the top lines have slowly stretched out over time and is applying more brake to the Rev II making it sluggish and hard to control in the turns. You can make a very easy adjustment at the handles or re-adjust your lines so they are all equal. I do not recommend making any adjustments on the bridle.