KiteLife Forum

Looking for a place to fly/buy kites in Seattle area

jasoomian

Greetings all! I will be traveling to the Seattle area in a few weeks and I was looking for some suggestions for a kite store and a good place to fly whilst I was there. I have been to GasWorks kite shop (although it was many years ago) and while they had just about anything I'd want; I'd like to see what else is out there. My GoogleFu is lacking today and I can't seem to come up with some other possibilities for kite stores in the Seattle area.

I appreciate the help.

Good winds.

There might not be any "Seattle" kite stores other then Gas works Kites.. which does have a new location, so hopefully your gps is on top of that. I think, but don't quote me, that the other two kite stores have gone on line.

I'm so out of the loop that I'm not even sure if Herb's kite shop is still in Puyallup or on line in the Tacoma area. There are plenty of kite shops at the beach.

If you can't get to Vancouver to See "The Kite Shoppe" then you should just revisit Gasworks Kites in Seattle. Kathy Goodwind's store is always changing and she brings in new kites all the time.

I'm not sure what her sports kite selection is like. For that The Kite Shoppe will have the biggest collection. Enjoy.. good winds and blue skies on your visit to Rainbow country. :rev_clockwork: BB Penny

There might not be any "Seattle" kite stores other then Gas works Kites.. which does have a new location, so hopefully your gps is on top of that. I think, but don't quote me, that the other two kite stores have gone on line.

I'm so out of the loop that I'm not even sure if Herb's kite shop is still in Puyallup or on line in the Tacoma area. There are plenty of kite shops at the beach.

If you can't get to Vancouver to See "The Kite Shoppe" then you should just revisit Gasworks Kites in Seattle. Kathy Goodwind's store is always changing and she brings in new kites all the time.

I'm not sure what her sports kite selection is like. For that The Kite Shoppe will have the biggest collection. Enjoy.. good winds and blue skies on your visit to Rainbow country. :rev_clockwork: BB Penny

Yup.

Herb's store has gone on-line. You can see his stock with an appointment, but it's not much of a browsing kind of place any more. More like a shed full of parts.

Gasworks/Goodwinds is about all there is - but definetly worth the visit. I think she's still carrying at least most of the Prism line. Lots and lots of parts and other goodies though.l

For flying, there's Golden Gardens, Kite Hill (Magnussen Park) or Gasworks Park (very close to the store).

Depending on what you mean by "a few weeks", you might be able to catch the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and iQuad. It's a bit North of Seattle, but worth the drive. You don't even have to be into flowers to be impressed!

Yup.

Herb's store has gone on-line. You can see his stock with an appointment, but it's not much of a browsing kind of place any more. More like a shed full of parts.

Gasworks/Goodwinds is about all there is - but definetly worth the visit. I think she's still carrying at least most of the Prism line. Lots and lots of parts and other goodies though.l

For flying, there's Golden Gardens, Kite Hill (Magnussen Park) or Gasworks Park (very close to the store).

Depending on what you mean by "a few weeks", you might be able to catch the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and iQuad. It's a bit North of Seattle, but worth the drive. You don't even have to be into flowers to be impressed!

Unfortunately, by a few weeks, I mean next week, like, the 9th and 10th. I'm so bad with time. Thanks to everyone for their input on the various places to fly and buy. 'Tis a great help. Looks like I'll be heading back to Gasworks to look for another kite. While I'd love to go to Vancouver and check out 'The Kite Shoppe', VC may be a bit of a drive for my time frame - I live in a flyover state and just getting to Seattle takes half the day.

Thanks again to all.