KiteLife Forum

BIG BANG

NOAH

Need a kite for my kids is this a good choice?

My daughter flys my M80 quite well only 8 years old.

Now my son almost 5 needs 4 hands still.

I was thinking this Big Bang would be a good kite for me (learning tricks) and a good kite for my kids to learn on. what are your opinions??

If your son and daughter are going to be practicing their slack line tricks, it would be a great choice. Make sure you get the DVD that comes along with the kite as well (Dodd's flight school). The Big Bang would probably be an excellent choice for yourself as a kite to do many if not all of the slack line tricks that are out there but it is more fragile than some other choices.

For my kids I use the Beetle, the kite sells for less than half as much as the Big Bang and can be driven into the ground at full speed many many times (witnessed myself for over 2 years now). The kids love the buzzing sound and it is easy for them to set up as all the parts are attached to the kite and can't get lost easily. For my older daughter, she loves the Addiction, another kite that is half the price as the Big Bang. The Addiction is great for practicing most of the basic slack line tricks and can do nearly all of them with the right conditions. The Addiction is also very durable and can take some abuse (not as much as the Beetle tho).

I would suggest getting yourself the Big Bang and letting your kids punish one of the others I have mentioned above. You might find youself out on the flying field longer and will spend less time in your local kite shop getting replacement parts. Just my opinion only.