KiteLife Forum

Taiwan - 2 new videos - Stack + Quad

Matrix/Alex

Hey Alex

good to see you here

the kite flyer in your second video was Kitai Lee, working hard with all the support from his team (KOKFA).

It was my honor and pleasure to be their hostess and translator for the festival. My impression was that hey specialize in single line kites.

They are very warm and sincere and did a great job teaching in their kite making workshop.

sweet memories from a windy festival

Litsong

ps:

i like the spinning thing (which you named monster) very much.

Hello Litsong

Bell told me the same thing -

sorry about my mistake -

i'm going to modify the video -

i was not making fun of them - because i remember i had such a great time after dinner talking with them in the hotel for hours ( i have his card and i remember him ) - like i had such a great time with the japanese folks of Aile, Nest and Ninji

sorry again

----

See you soon litsong at the next festival in November -

xx

alex

ah, dear alex

not that i am the XXX police here but

the Japanese team you mentioned in your last post

is Niji, not ninji.

The name of the team can transfer the passion and deliver a beautiful glow of their kiters, such as Lungta.

Team Niji is also a team with beautiful vision and spirit.

Niji means rainbow in Japanese and they pride themselves as rainbow bridging the worlds

Hiko san (Team Niji) just visited us in Taiwan for a kite vacation in April.

We hosted him and took him to places for various kite flying and gathering.

This gave me an idea of kite guest/ kite vacation!

So if you are taking a vacation to Taiwan, you can be our guest (if you come in the time we are actually at home, ha ha ).

XX

Litsong

ahhh -

sorry again

Niji - very different from Team Ninja -

i think i'll have to stop to write...

The rainbow's idea is very nice - it's a poetic idea like Lung Ta which means something like "Horse in the wind" in Tibetan - Lung Ta, It is the name of the tibetan flags at the top of the Tibet montains, were are writen the prieres and wishes, which fly into the wind and go across the world for the best -

I hope you get it...

Thank you for your invitation - but i think i wont have much time this summer

xx

alex

ahhh -

sorry again

Niji - very different from Team Ninja -

i think i'll have to stop to write...

The rainbow's idea is very nice - it's a poetic idea like Lung Ta which means something like "Horse in the wind" in Tibetan - Lung Ta, It is the name of the tibetan flags at the top of the Tibet montains, were are writen the prieres and wishes, which fly into the wind and go across the world for the best -

I hope you get it...

Thank you for your invitation - but i think i wont have much time this summer

xx

alex

dear Alex:

about how people name their team.

I remember our conversations regarding the meaning of "Lung Ta" last year.

i had first asked Stephen and later on, i asked Thierry (sorry if my spelling was wrong, please correct me)on the bus. As he spoke the whole story of how the name came to be, his telling (and your translation ?) touched me so profoundly, it brought my understanding about kiters' soul to a different level. Just for that moment, i was glad that i got this chance to sit on the floor of the jammed bus with you guys.

so far, Team Niji, and Lung Ta, these two team with their spirit and vision in kite flying never stop inspire me when i think of them /you.

The invitation, does not apply to "summer", but mostly fall and spring in case you ever think about it.

XX

Litsong

Hello Litsong,

i just changed the video - the new link is :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=wJi22AkGM4s

--

I'll try to go to Asia this summer - or in December if i dont have time before -

Thierry told me that it seems that the next taipei County Kite Festival will be next year and not next october -

Nevermind - we wont miss that great meeting

thank you again for your initation -

we'll keep in touch

xx

alex