KiteLife Forum

Multiple Kite Pairs or Teams

Dean750

... and I thought you were "somehow" flying all 3 of those kites by yourself!

...but then maybe that's a thought for the future or for people from a different planet with at least 3 hands!

Nope, flying three kites is past tense. Here's a

of Ray Bethell flying three dual line kites ... and making them look great!!

Cheers,

Tom

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Way...UN----believable!!! Is that for TRUE??

I never know that was possible!! I could Imagine 2 kites maybe, but to be able to strap one to your........also, "NO MAN HAS THAT MUCH MUSCEL CONTROL DOWN THERE!! (even in my best years)!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS I'd like to have a closer look at there set up, if you have a shot of it. Thanks!

Hi Mick,

I'm sorry for being sooo--ignorant (or stupid). I've only been in kiting for (seriously) about a year plus a little, or so...and I thought you were "somehow" flying all 3 of those kites by yourself!

...but then maybe that's a thought for the future or for people from a different planet with at least 3 hands!

Great videos!! And thanks---keep them coming, they inspire me to greater heights!! (Well, at least I practice more,,,heehee!)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Sorry Duane, didn't realize you hadn't come across multiple kiting before. The first I became aware of it was after stumbling across this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7762034689114724804#

Check out Ray Bethell, world champion multiple kite flyer.

Hi Mick,

WOW!!...Yes, I've heard of "multiple kiting" before, but that was always with "multiple kiters"...I didn't know "ONE" person could do that! (I'm still not sure that you'all aren't just playing with me again---you'all you know how "Tom" is...heehee)

But..Did I miss something in the videos as to how you all are actually controlling things...I would like a close up look (if it isn't secret, if I could)---Amazzzzing!!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Duane,

There are others flying three dual line kites at the same time. They use a stick (much like our handles) to guide the outer dual lines ... one line on each end of the stick. The third (middle) kite has the lines going to their waist .. one line on either side. You and I could probably one kite either with the stick or our waist, but two would confuse our mind. And, three would freeze it!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

So it is real!! WOW, that's amazing!

And I thought I had a pretty good idea of what was going on in kiting. One thing for sure...I can't do that!! :clap;

And...Hey Mick...Sorry for all my confusion on your flying ability...I'm really impressed to say the least!! :shifty:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hi Mick,

WOW!!...Yes, I've heard of "multiple kiting" before, but that was always with "multiple kiters"...I didn't know "ONE" person could do that! (I'm still not sure that you'all aren't just playing with me again---you'all you know how "Tom" is...heehee)

But..Did I miss something in the videos as to how you all are actually controlling things...I would like a close up look (if it isn't secret, if I could)---Amazzzzing!!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Just to really blow your mind altogether - 4 kites 1 man (not me - yet)

Here's one of the iQuad team doing multiple kiting with revs - I haven't tried it yet

As jeepster says, there are lots of others doing multiple kiting. Don't be afraid to give it a go youself - don't worry about the brain freeziing - it will thaw out after a while. There's two good articles in past kitelife magazines, issues 49 and 53, which are worth reading if your interested

and a good website to investigate would be http://www.elalmadelpiloto.com.ar/pilots.html