KiteLife Forum

Penny Lenginfelter

Dean750

I'm curious to know if contact could be made with Debbie and her husband (she fly's on his shoulders)????

She is apparently a OSU Alum. and might be helpful in getting a festival/comp. going in the Truax Indoor Practice Facility.

My father has proven to be a dream killer in that OSU won't allow anything like this to happen. I say CRAP :w00t: I hope you can help.

Dean

I'm curious to know if contact could be made with Debbie and her husband (she fly's on his shoulders)????

She is apparently a OSU Alum. and might be helpful in getting a festival/comp. going in the Truax Indoor Practice Facility.

My father has proven to be a dream killer in that OSU won't allow anything like this to happen. I say CRAP :P I hope you can help.

Dean

Good catch! I was hoping you would make the connection when I posted their indoor flying link :w00t:

I'll send you a PM.....

Theresa

Hi Dean,

It sounds like a good idea, but I doubt if they would be the one to actually start it. They are one of the highest paid acts out there and I believe they have two circus schools now. (Something to that effect) Very busy and it is thier income.

It never hurts to dream and it never hurts to ask! Is there a good cause they could work with that can bring them in? It would take a lot of work.

If it's to much, you might find others that are closer to bring in. You are in the Oregon area. John B. is down there, Ricketts from Synergy was down there. You have quite a few N.W. fliers in the area.

Just having a fun fly and doing a few hit and run fly's in strategic spots to promote, or even planned assemblies might help. Getting a few fliers together is sometimes all you need to get things started.

All a good kite comp or show takes is a large gym with seating.

We need a N.W. kite production company. A booking agent for kitefliers. Could there be one in your future? :w00t:

BB Penny

My father has proven to be a dream killer in that OSU won't allow anything like this to happen. I say CRAP :D I hope you can help.

Dean

Good catch! I was hoping you would make the connection when I posted their indoor flying link :P

I'll send you a PM.....

Theresa

Maybe Penny, if I can get my head outta my hiney. No experience in getting events started is stressing my brain.

Thanks for the link to the Park's Theresa. But they do sound kinda busy and I'm pretty much broke. Was a good thought though.

As for the "We need a N.W. kite production company. A booking agent for kitefliers. Could there be one in your future?", I've been thinking about that. I've found out that to rent Gil Collisium at Oregon State costs about $4000. :D Still haven't gotten any word on the Indoor Pratice facility yet. I guess they won't just donate the space. LOL, don't know why I thought they might :w00t:

But I'm working on some other ideas. I've never been a real good promotional kinda person.

I think right now money is going to be a problem.

Maybe I got off the subject there a little. lol How would I go about the Production Company thing? :P I'm not real bright all the time

Dean

Hey Dean,

I'm not sure.. Your talking to someone who wants to remain "just a kiteflier'.

You might talk to other production company's and see what works for them. I imagine like any booking agency it takes a lot of foot work.

You'd have to canvass to find the locations, facilities, venues, people who need entertainment at their event. Shcedule, etc. and get a cut of the pay.

Some people are good at this, but we kite fliers are not promoters.

Actually I can think of one that is good and he can ride off of his pass for many years. Other's who have more credentials don't have the know how and do not get the gigs that they wuold take pleasure from. it's not easy getting your name out there to start with. Self promotion is difficult for many of us.

I have a friend who was a booking agency for a band. For her it was easy, but our venues would be different.

I keep plugging away at ideas. Maybe it's God's way of saying.. don't make money off of kites, just do it for a good cause. Know of any good causes? lol

I forgot Deb wasa an alumni or Oregon. Ok, did you actually contact them for help, or not? We know they are busy... but remember... it never hurts to ask.

BB Penny

Maybe Penny, if I can get my head outta my hiney. No experience in getting events started is stressing my brain.

Thanks for the link to the Park's Theresa. But they do sound kinda busy and I'm pretty much broke. Was a good thought though.

As for the "We need a N.W. kite production company. A booking agent for kitefliers. Could there be one in your future?", I've been thinking about that. I've found out that to rent Gil Collisium at Oregon State costs about $4000. :D Still haven't gotten any word on the Indoor Pratice facility yet. I guess they won't just donate the space. LOL, don't know why I thought they might :w00t:

But I'm working on some other ideas. I've never been a real good promotional kinda person.

I think right now money is going to be a problem.

Maybe I got off the subject there a little. lol How would I go about the Production Company thing? :P I'm not real bright all the time

Dean

I guess I made my last post in the wrong spot, sorry.

Penny, I want to stay just a kiteflier too. Unfortunatly I would love to fly with equally if not better than fliers instead of a bunch of commercials on the radio. So I was trying to find a way to bring you all to me :w00t:

Get my drift? :P

Dean

I guess I made my last post in the wrong spot, sorry.

Penny, I want to stay just a kiteflier too. Unfortunatly I would love to fly with equally if not better than fliers instead of a bunch of commercials on the radio. So I was trying to find a way to bring you all to me :devil:

Get my drift? :w00t:

Dean

If you build it they will come.

That's what Scott Davis tells people about creating new events. I keep tring to talk Brian Champie into just creating events, move on to the next. It is a lot of work Dean, and I'm very thankful for those that do it.

BB Penny

I'm working on it Penny. Theres the Boys and Girls club gyms to rent if need be at about 200 dollars per 8 hours. I don't know how much the Expo center will cost if anything. Thats something to talk to the visitor ppl about. I'm working on that whole balloon thing. The Expo center is a whoopin 48000 sq ft with no collums of any kind by 25 and a half foot ceilings with recessed lighting. :devil: That sounds like the best place if possible. I'm thinking it COULD be a worlds largest kinda thing. Who wouldn't want something like that?

Dean