KiteLife Forum

WSIKF Indoor Fly

John F

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCKA is holding their kite festival in Orting, WA the first weekend of Aug.

Now, here is the pin that Ron designed. I love the top of it. lol The bottom?

When I asked Ron about it, he said he just gave up answering people's questions.. I told him he caved. What do you think? :) BB Penny

post-61-1217338350_thumb.jpg

I'm in.

Any one know when or if pre-registration will be up for WSIKF stuff? At www.nwskl.org the registration form is still not posted.

It will probably go up about the same time as Cutting Edge Summer Heat.

Since the scorekeeper and CJ will probably be setting up both at the same time.

Because the two are so close together, early registration for WSIKF is generally mandatory.

In other words, the registration form should be up soon.

I doubt it is mandatory. I remember last year I went to the tent to register at the beginning of the week for events 3 days later, and they said that registration doesn't open until the day before the event. They even laughed at me as if I was crazy for thinking I could register early.

But It will be good to be able to register far in advance. I think it will make things go much smoother.

I doubt it is mandatory. I remember last year I went to the tent to register at the beginning of the week for events 3 days later, and they said that registration doesn't open until the day before the event. They even laughed at me as if I was crazy for thinking I could register early.

But It will be good to be able to register far in advance. I think it will make things go much smoother.

I can't imagine who told you that! Was it someone from NWSKL?

You would have needed to register with NWSKL. Not the WSIKF folks in the tent.

Don is correct, pre-registration is VERY helpful for the WSIKF event. And the form was up, before the scorekeepers went to the previous event in Ocean Shores.

I was the one in the tent, having to hand write and figure the late entries and collect the fees before the pilot meeting.

Bud should have the reg form up real soon.

If you are on the NWSKL e-mail list, you will be notified as soon as Bud has it on-line.

Early and pre-registration is VERY HELPFUL for the event organizers!

Thanks!!!

T

Ah, I see where that could cause some confusion!

The folks in the registration tent on the beach have very little to do with the sport kite events. I believe they do registration for the Junior and Senior events that they've been running for years. Maybe they thought you were trying to sign up as a senior? :)

"Mandatory" is probably too strong a word. "Highly recommended" is better.

Depends on who CJ and scorekeeper are going to be this year, but in the past, right after the event in Ocean Shores, they went straight down to WSIKF.

That meant is was difficult to receive the on-line registrations and do the printing between CESH and the comps at WSIKF.

It's generally possible to register on the field Friday morning for the few that don't know about pre-registration, but it makes for a scramble for the scorekeeper.

Bud should have the registration form up on the web site before too long.

I see you're already on the mailing list.

For those that aren't, visit the NWSKL web site, click on "Information" then "Member Information" and fill out the form.

When the registration form is available, you should get an e-mail from Bud.

WSIKF is so near!!!!!

I'm out camping right now, but I will be returning home this sunday, then I will be moving into Spokane Valley, and then I will be going to WSIKF. I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. I already picked out 4 demo songs, 1 indor balle son, and I'm deciding between 3 outdoor ballet songs. I canno wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

WSIKF is so near!!!!!

I'm out camping right now, but I will be returning home this sunday, then I will be moving into Spokane Valley, and then I will be going to WSIKF. I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. I already picked out 4 demo songs, 1 indor balle son, and I'm deciding between 3 outdoor ballet songs. I canno wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

Spence I can't wait to see you fly inside! You better have more then one demo for inside ready. BB Penny ~Who hopes to be flying at the Ryder Cup In Kentucky in Sept.

I'm not sure if my regristration went through or not. Guess I'll find out sooner or later.

You're all set Spence.

Registration received.

(The wife is one of the scorekeepers, so she's on the registrations distribution list)

I've lost some things on the field before too. I've lost some 1.5 handles, and a kite stake that I bought 3 days earlier! :D

Wen, if you need some handles at WSIKF you can use my extra 1.5 handles.

meh, i've lost 2 stakes in one day, one someone just gave me that day! :huh: