KiteLife Forum

I don't know this kite name

Guest hido

I've done a quick check to see if I could locate the source of the picture. I could not find it.

The picture may show a kite made of two delta Conynes flown as a 'stack'. It may also be that the kites are commercial models and are not home made from a plan.

Plans for a single delta Conyne with a scalloped trailing edge can be found in many places. I do not know where to find information on stacking them, though.

I found this photo but I don't know How I will contact with him for

this kite plan :roll: , of course if he made it himself ?

I called this kite JDC (Joined Delta Cony) ;)

1998.10.14@15.29.14.jpg

The photo was taken by Mike Gillard. You might try to reach him [the photographer] at mikegillard@KiteLife.com. He might be able to direct you to the kitemaker in the photo. I do not know if the address will work.

Another route to consider is to make your own plans. There are several delta con plans available on the internet, some with a vent in the main sail. You could start with one of these plans and add the second sail to it. The amount of sail overlap will be up to you, but the photos will act as a guide. The wing edge spars and the wing spreader spars can be the same size as on the single kite. I would suggest going to at least one size larger for the three long front-to-back spars. These will have to carry the strain of two sails instead of one. The bridle lines and flying line should also be stronger, as the kite will develop roughly twice the pull of a single wing delta con.

@all Thank you for your helping :)

This kite made by Kevin Shannon I contacted with him by e-mail.

He wrote some information and tips about this kite and sizes but he haven't current plan.

well... I think , I will make plan by myself ..... hopefully B)

• 2 years later...

Go to the early issues of Kite Lines (1977,1978) on Kitelife here. There is a plan for "Stacked Deltas" somewhere. The wings on the Stacked Delta were wider aspect ratio, with more wing sets stacked.(or it may have been in an even older "Kite Tales" mag.)