KiteLife Forum

Kitemaking.

A small suggestion for this site:

There seems to be no specific sub-forum section for general kitemaking. I find that I spend as much or more time in designing and making kites as I do in flying them. [Personal note: this state of affairs was a natural outgrowth of being a 24/7/365.26 caregiver for the past 5 years.]

Kitemaking cuts across the 'boundaries' of line count, size and type. I suspect that other kitemakers may, like me, enjoy building a 2-line stunter just as much as making a delta or, for that matter, a stable of fighter kites. Skills learned for one kite type [sewing, working bamboo, etc.] can be transferred to the building of other types.

Many of us have developed our own 'wrinkles' to solve kitemaking problems. A place where we could share them would be very much appreciated.

Aside: for anyone reading this who hasn't yet built a kite, there's a real pleasure in seeing your own handiwork take the air for the first time. And when someone asks, "Where did you buy that kite?", you'll enjoy saying, "I made it."

A small suggestion for this site:

There seems to be no specific sub-forum section for general kitemaking. I find that I spend as much or more time in designing and making kites as I do in flying them. [Personal note: this state of affairs was a natural outgrowth of being a 24/7/365.26 caregiver for the past 5 years.]

Kitemaking cuts across the 'boundaries' of line count, size and type. I suspect that other kitemakers may, like me, enjoy building a 2-line stunter just as much as making a delta or, for that matter, a stable of fighter kites. Skills learned for one kite type [sewing, working bamboo, etc.] can be transferred to the building of other types.

Many of us have developed our own 'wrinkles' to solve kitemaking problems. A place where we could share them would be very much appreciated.

Aside: for anyone reading this who hasn't yet built a kite, there's a real pleasure in seeing your own handiwork take the air for the first time. And when someone asks, "Where did you buy that kite?", you'll enjoy saying, "I made it."

John has a Section called Kite Plans: http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?showforum=29

Have you looked there?

Theresa