KiteLife Forum

Rational Kites for Reason

Progcraft

Hello.

I'd like to encourage all kitebuilders here at Kitelife to come visit a new international kite building project I'm starting.

The project is based at the kitebuilder.com forums, but we can also talk here if you wish.

Please, visit http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/viewtopi...p?p=79116#79116 to read about the first poll that I'm conducting to determine which logo should be used.

The whole post is as follows:

-------------------

Hello.

I'd like to start a new project. An international Kite Project. What I'd like to do is promote one of three atheist logos.

The Invisible Pink Unicorn

OR the

Darwin Fish

OR the

Come out symbol.

I think all three are great logo's. But, I also think we should pick one, and all put that one onto our kite of choice.

First, I just want to get an idea of which logo is the most popular.

Myself, I like the Darwin Fish because it, by itself, would make a great kite. Also because it's the most recognizable as to our cause.

Please vote for you favorite Rational Thought logo.

In a couple weeks, I'll create a new thread for the kite itself.

IT WOULD BE GREAT to have a Rational Kite flown at every festival around the world. It would also be a great way to meet other rationalists, humanists secularists, and atheists.

And of course, it will stimulate conversation since we, the kite fliers, always tend to be the center of attention when we go flying :blushing:

Just think of all the children we could reach. How wonderful would that be :wacko::w00t:

If the Darwin Fish is chosen, I'll create a whole plan and lesson for building the entire kite.

If one of the other two are choose, then I think it would be best if the logo were applied to your kite of choice.

Cheers,

Terry.

---------------------------

If your interested in building a kite, please stop by. ;)

Cheers,

Terry T.

I understand that only 7-15 % of our society are Humanists, and that this topic has the potential to draw some hate from the fundamental religious sectors of our society, so I just wanted to say thank you to kite life for giving it a chance. That said....

I think the Darwin Fish would be great; I have one on my car, but really like the Invisible Pink Unicorn for purely aesthetic reasons.

Rx

I understand that only 7-15 % of our society are Humanists, and that this topic has the potential to draw some hate from the fundamental religious sectors of our society, so I just wanted to say thank you to kite life for giving it a chance. That said....

I think the Darwin Fish would be great; I have one on my car, but really like the Invisible Pink Unicorn for purely aesthetic reasons.

Rx

Wonderfull post rxburner. Thanks for staying on topic.

I too like the Unicorn for the same reasons. It's good looking art. I had it planned when I decided to try for the Rational Kite project. Which is when I thought the other logo's might have more impact from the Rational Thought point of view.

What kind of kite shape do you think would be most apt for it? I'd like to go for an un-common shape myself. (instead of a basic Rok I mean).

Cheers,

T.

On topic, and thanks for that. :wacko:

Bear in mind, regardless of my beliefs (which you're welcome to ask me about in private), I won't allow this thread to wander into discussion of Rational Thought in and of itself, or any of the opposing beliefs... Meat of the topic here is the kites and kite making, if you're amiable to the subject at hand.

This policy stands for anything having to do with politics, religion, or anything that falls under the same extremity of opinion and is not related to kites.

Such personal discussions should remain that, personal via email, PM, phone, etc... Or, in an appropriate forum. :blushing:

Nothing but love, for everyone.