KiteLife Forum

Painting an indoor Rev

Backspin23

Holy jumpin' jimmineez!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Scott Hampton's work is awesome!

This guys work just astounds me. His name is Scott Hampton.

Here is a link to some of his work.http://picasaweb.google.com/mshampton2 (copy and paste)

My understanding is this is all done with design master paints.

**FlyinKen**

Hello folks,

Been reading this forum for a while but this is the first post for me.

Here is a Revolution 1.5 I painted with design master paint. I used painters tape to mask it. The fabric feels the same after paint no noticable extra weight. It dries almost instantly, really nice for the application. It stays translucent, and looks good in the sky. If anybody has any questions I would be happy to answer them. post-4590-125408486658_thumb.jpgpost-4590-125408488277_thumb.jpg

Nice job Dark!

Serendipity... I was watching the sports channel at the pub noon-time and thought that 'Red Bull' would look great in the sky!

Did you use masking tape all around the bull? I can imagine it being used for the feathers, but that must have been fun to do on the bull's curvatures.

Does the paint work its way into the fiber of the cloth? Or does it stay on the surface?

Did it take many passes to get that deep color?

When you look at it with the sun behind it, is the density of the color even everywhere?

I'm impressed!... and starting to search out silk paint at the craft stores around our home.

John

Hello folks,

Here is a Revolution 1.5 I painted with design master paint. I used painters tape to mask it. The fabric feels the same after paint no noticable extra weight. It dries almost instantly, really nice for the application. It stays translucent, and looks good in the sky. If anybody has any questions I would be happy to answer them. post-4590-125408486658_thumb.jpgpost-4590-125408488277_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, My sister and her husband run a print shop, they have a mask cutter for making signs. She had the bulls made for me. The rest was done with blue painters tape. I would recomend using the light tack tape. It doesn't require much stick because of how the paint dries.

The paint stays on top of the ripstop, and took 4 or 5 coats to get the color. There is a couple spots on the blue that I need another coat. Although it passes the 120' test. It looks good in the sky, the light shines through the paint well. I should've used a darker gold instead of the yellow, but lesson learned. The yellow I used was too bright so I put a bit of red on top, made it a bit dark in the sky for my tastes. If you have a Michaels nearby they carry quite a few colors. I just bought some cheap ripstop to practice on. It makes me wish I could afford a few more white sails to try some other things rolling around in my head. Thanks again, Mike

Hello folks,

Mike ~ TOLD YOU SO! Great Job!

...and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing Mike's Red-Bull up close, It looks even more awesome in person! and displayed, up-there, where it belongs!

• 3 weeks later...