KiteLife Forum

Ocean shore, newbie, advice welcome

Litsong

Hello nice folks :

talking about running into events !

to make the long story short, we are from Taiwan, (Wen and Litsong) and enjoy going to the kite festivals since years mostly near RI. Last september, on our way home, we stopped by WA and visited Theresa (kite shoppe) and had a wonderful time (plus we went to whideby island SKC for one fund day +night, right before we flew home! that's one of our many unplanned kite festival trip, but well worth the detour). This time we are going to WSIKF!!!!

a week from now we will fly to Portland. but just tonight while i was trying to figure out the car rental, dear Theresa just told me that it would be fun to go to the ocean shore prior to the WSIKF! (gee, she knew how to push the bottons)

you west coast people just have so many events that we can be jealous of?

anyway, we are so tempted, we have to say yes.

so, here is the thing,

details, dah..... just when i think i have a few days before BASKC, before we fly to visit Theresa, i have to jam in some details ....

details, for a woman with small brain in the wee hours (1:25am now) only a couple of days before we pack to fly across the continent (ps: sorry, people, i have to vent a bit to calm myself down to the new reality! ), if any of you can say a few comforting lines for the total strangers to stick our feet there on your turf/sand.... please, all advice welcome....

can someone recommend a place to stay?

well, anyway, i know we will be fine....

just have to remind myself

never hurry, never worry.

oh, i started in NJSKC, that for every kite festival we go to, i will donate one massage session for the event auction.

and i would love it if someone want to do a lunch/massage exchange with me on the field (delight me with your homemade or favorite non meat lunch selection, and i will give you a TLC massage )

ok, Theresa said i shall post and i did, too sleepy now and a bit calmer from the excitement! i guess i will start to panic or pack in a few hours!

sleeping bags, sleeping pads, kites, change of clothes, ....

ah, so many things to bring for our two pieces of luggage allowance.....

dread....

zzzz

Litsong

Hello nice folks :

talking about running into event !

to make the long story short, we are from Taiwan, (Wen and Litsong) and enjoy going to the kite festivals since years mostly near RI.

Last summer, we visited Theresa (kite shoppe) and had a wonderful time (plus we went to whideby island for one fund day +night right before we flew home! unplanned, but well worth the detour). This time we are going to WSIKF!!!!

a week from now we will fly to Portland, but just tonight while i was trying to figure out the car rental, dear Theresa just told me that it would be fun to go to the ocean shore prior to the WSIKF!

you west coast people just have so many events that we can be jealous of?

anyway, we are so tempted, we have to say yes.

so, here is the thing,

details, dah, just when i think i have a few days before BASKC, before we fly to visit Theresa, i have to jam in some details ....

details, for a woman with small brain in the wee hours (125am now) only a couple of days before we pack to fly across the continent (ps: sorry, people, i have to vent a bit to calm myself down to the new reality! ), if any of you can say a few comforting lines for the total strangers to stick our feet there on your turf/sand.... please, all advice welcome....

can someone recommend a place to stay?

well, anyway, i know we will be fine....

just have to remind myself

never hurry, never worry.

oh, i started in NJSKC, that i will donate one massage session for the event auction.

and i would love it if someone want to do a lunch/massage exchange with me on the field.

ok, Theresa said i shall post and i did, too sleepy now and a bit calmer from the excitement! i guess i will start to panic or pack in a few hours!

sleeping bags, sleeping pads, kites, change of clothes, ....

ah, so many things to bring for our two pieces of luggage allowance.....

dread....

zzzz

Litsong

Hi there !

Can't wait to meet you. I will be at Ocean shores as well as Wskif. I usually stay at the Polynesian in Ocean shores. http://www.thepolynesian.com

Also, if you need to borrow any camping gear, I would be happy to bring some along, if you don't want to pack it out here.. I have sleeping bags, etc.. Just let me know.

Have a safe trip out.

hugs

mousie

Hi Litsong!

You probably don't remember me, but we met at Whidbey last year.

Glad to hear you're coming to Ocean Shores!

It's a nice little event. Not big crowds, but that just means the kite flyers get to hang out with each other more.

There's a nice pot-luck Saturday night at a local park. The NWSKL provides the hamburgers and hot dogs. Some people bring deserts.

The league champions will be getting their jackets.

Hope you'll come!

The link that Mousie gave you above is a good one. One that's probably on that list is the sands (http://www.thesandsonline.com/).

There are actually two hotels, owned by the same people. The big fancy one, and a smaller one they call the "Off-Shore" several people I know have stayed there. The rooms are kind of small, but they're clean, and priced real reasonable.

We're camping at Yesterday's RV. It's pretty basic, but it's right in town.

Hi Litsong!

You probably don't remember me, but we met at Whidbey last year.

Glad to hear you're coming to Ocean Shores!

It's a nice little event. Not big crowds, but that just means the kite flyers get to hang out with each other more.

There's a nice pot-luck Saturday night at a local park. The NWSKL provides the hamburgers and hot dogs. Some people bring deserts.

The league champions will be getting their jackets.

Hope you'll come!

The link that Mousie gave you above is a good one. One that's probably on that list is the sands (http://www.thesandsonline.com/).

There are actually two hotels, owned by the same people. The big fancy one, and a smaller one they call the "Off-Shore" several people I know have stayed there. The rooms are kind of small, but they're clean, and priced real reasonable.

We're camping at Yesterday's RV. It's pretty basic, but it's right in town.

Hello EBGB (? what does that mean?)

i am sure we met at Whidbey s you said so (and had a great time!)

i just can't make the name, face, kite, style and the kitelife ID work together for me yet...

you will have to help me make the link this time....

thank you for telling me about the event ...i had not found the event schedule yet.

we are in the blind fold as all i know is that Theresa told us it would be good if we make to the event.

so we will have to stretch ourselves for 10 days on the field!

heaven helps us, and some of you will too, i am sure.

see you soon.

we will leave our base on Friday and then whatever will be will be.

Litsong

Hey Litsong, Be careful, you might get more food then you can eat in exchange for those massages.

I have a problem getting off the beach to eat.. or do anything besides fly.

My birthday is Monday..the 25th and my husband and friends wanted to have a get together at camp Sat. night. I told them to have a good time... because I'm NOT leaving the beach Sat. night.

There are auctions, banquets, indoors, all sorts of kite flying events that will keep me off the beach in the evenings... and twilight is my favorite time to fly.

So, come on down to our territory Sat. to say hello if you don't make it to the Auction. I'd bring you food..if I get some. BB Penny

Hey Litsong, Be careful, you might get more food then you can eat in exchange for those massages.

My birthday is Monday..the 25th and my husband and friends wanted to have a get together at camp Sat. night. I told them to have a good time... because I'm NOT leaving the beach Sat. night.

There are auctions, banquets, indoors, all sorts of kite flying events that will keep me off the beach in the evenings... and twilight is my favorite time to fly.

So, come on down to our territory Sat. to say hello if you don't make it to the Auction. I'd bring you food..if I get some. BB Penny

hey, for those who wants to bring me food, please let me know in advance..

it would be pointless if i already made my own sandwich/lunch.... since i don't eat much.

i love good light food with no meat involved, but on the festivals, i don't often have many choices and

i love to try other people's good ideas and taste in wholesome delightful food.

people who wants to feed me can consider pm me for my phone number and let me if you are interested in feeding me and getting rubbed--- we will be in BASKC, Ocean shores, WSIKF, for august.

so two lunch (i can share it with Wen) per day maximum.

if you are serious, we can also arrange for dinner plan... hahaha...

i love giving massage, and i love good eating with fun people, so i figure that can add on some extra fun.

as for you, Penny, you are granted for a full massage (lie down if you like, with a blanket) for just being a fun you--- plus you lend us your tent! that one is on me, if you like.

we are packing, but dread the idea of only two pieces of luggage allowed--- the kite bag alone is one, then two of us for three weeks need to be squeezed into one.... tips?

hey, for those who wants to bring me food, please let me know in advance..

it would be pointless if i already made my own sandwich/lunch.... since i don't eat much.

i love good light food with no meat involved, but on the festivals, i don't often have many choices and

i love to try other people's good ideas and taste in wholesome delightful food.

people who wants to feed me can consider pm me for my phone number and let me if you are interested in feeding me and getting rubbed--- we will be in BASKC, Ocean shores, WSIKF, for august.

i love giving massage, and i love good eating with fun people, so i figure that can add on some extra fun.

as for you, Penny, you are granted for a full massage (lie down if you like, with a blanket) for just being a fun you--- plus you lend us your tent! that one is on me, if you like.

we are packing, but dread the idea of only two pieces of luggage allowed--- the kite bag alone is one, then two of us for three weeks need to be squeezed into one.... tips?

Hi Litsong

We are staying at the Oasis. They had the best rate. The other decent hotel with good price is the Gitgee Gumee. Sounds like some said during a massage. We will be driving from Ocean Shores directly back to Long Beach after the Competition so you can follow us back and hopefully we will not get lost.

Look forward to seeing you and Wen.

Hi Litsong,

Sorry, I don't introduce myself as EBGB at festivals. :)

Real name is Don - my wife is Mary.

I spent most of Whidbey playing with the sound system and judgeing. Mary was in our camper, doing the scorekeeping.

Oh, and on the pot-luck - the league usually has veggie burgers for the vegetarians.

Hi Litsong,

Sorry, I don't introduce myself as EBGB at festivals. :)

Real name is Don - my wife is Mary.

I spent most of Whidbey playing with the sound system and judgeing. Mary was in our camper, doing the scorekeeping.

Oh, and on the pot-luck - the league usually has veggie burgers for the vegetarians.

dear Don

thank you for replying to my post.

i wish to let you know that Whidbey event had profoundly inspired our lives

1. we did not plan the trip, but thoroughly loved our experience (plus the beautiful drive @6am, seeing the silver lining on everything)

2. we loved the indoor event that was one of the highlight of the trip (plus our reunion with my sister's family after 7 years apart, they came from Vancouver Canada to see us at Whidbey--- their first exposure about kite festival)

3. my sister's family made kites at the festival, and they flew our kites after all was over.

all in all, we had great fun for that day yet more good came afterwards

from 1, we realized that we kept ran into events that we didn't know or didn't plan to participate and all worked out miracles

from 2. we started our indoor event (iSPACE) in January and things start to evolve on its own, now we have steady indoor gathering going back home in Taiwan -- every odd month except summer heat we hold iSPACE for pilots and allow spectators to experience the fun.

from 3. my sister went back to canada and organized a scout event with her network and invited Lam H. to do a demo!

now i am getting my nephews some kites so they can have their own beetles to play around.

thank you for being there

soon, we will meet you again in WA.

Gee, years ago i never would imagine going to WSIKF (yet i always wonder if i would visit WA for the beautiful nature)

how knows, never say never. I love the N.W and the wonderful people there.

see you soon, we are packing (>sigh<, the weather doesn't seem very warm there does it? and also rain gears.... dread dread for the tight packing..)

ps: thank you for telling me about the veggie burgers. that helps

If you can keep me still long enough, I'd love a massage. lol

Tips? Deoderant, toothpaste and Fabreeze.. :)

I'm so excited I'm starting to dance in the halls... I better get some indoor flying in to release some energy. See you soon! BB Penny ~ who misses Sharon.

If you can keep me still long enough, I'd love a massage. lol

Tips? Deoderant, toothpaste and Fabreeze.. :)

I'm so excited I'm starting to dance in the halls... I better get some indoor flying in to release some energy. See you soon! BB Penny ~ who misses Sharon.

dear Penny:

who said anything about sitting still?

massage can be a dance between two bodies.

anyway it goes as long as both are willing and open.

tips from you

two out of three i don't know the use, so not helping.

very much looking forward meeting you in reality, sooooon

thank you all for advices and tips and warm support!

Today is our last day in RI and tomorrow we will leave for the journey

going to BASKC !

next monday morning, we will be in WA visiting T and that alone is going to be great fun!

soon enough

Litsong

whose inner clock has been on the Pacific time since days!

thank you all for advices and tips and warm support!

Today is our last day in RI and tomorrow we will leave for the journey

going to BASKC !

next monday morning, we will be in WA visiting T and that alone is going to be great fun!

soon enough

Litsong

whose inner clock has been on the Pacific time since days!

Safe journey Litsong..

I think you should be the one giving us tips. How do you travel to kite festivals with just 2 bags?

How do you plan your agenda? I'll be excited to hear your stories.

BB Penny ~who's thinking 9 more days till my road trip!

dear Penny

you have a good point

i am leaving the house in less then an hour, and still need to clean up some.

sure we will have a lot of time in WA to satisfy our curiosities about each other

talk to you on your territory soon, be kind to the newbies.

going to Boston now, by train.

Litsong

ps:

not two bags, but two check in luggage (one is of course the kite bag)

and the other one has sleeping gears and Wen's castor board, sneakers and so on.

other then the check in items, we each have a backpack, and each a duffle bag....

it's actually not bad at all....better then i thought....

of course, having some nice folks at the other end helps a great deal---like you and T