KiteLife Forum

way to sensitive!!!!

streetrat

ive been flying an E2 for a couple months, beautiful kite and very well designed, however Ive been having a problem with it being too sensitive/touchy, especially in corners, seems like ya just tweek the lines a hair and it over reacts, is this a common problem for this model or is thier some adjustment I dont know about-----BTW its on 85 ft spectras-------------cheers

I'm new this year myself, but I have had a E2 for a month now. I'd say that the E2 definitely has some oversteer in the corners. That's a comment that I've seen others make about the E2 in the forums as well.

That said, I bought the E2 to start working on tricks--my first Axels, Lazy Suzans and fade. It's pretty good at that stuff.

Also, it's a beautiful kite in the sun.

Red Doug

Just a thought on the E2...it's a full on trickster and as such has an inherant instability which will affect how the kite corners :blue-sleepy: ... if it's precision cornering that you want you might want to look to more of precision oriented kite... ;) There are several kites out there that will do both tricks and give you really sharp cornering to boot... just depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend! :)

Aye, what Aiyana said.

I've flown an E2 a few times now. I found it to be a worthy kite. But, your right about it being loose in the cornering. No tight patterns with that kite. If you really, really wanted to get tight cornering with an E2, you'll have to build yourself a new bridle and sacrifice many other qualities like it's ability to stall instantly and stay stalled (I really like the way the E2 stalls). Also, you won't have the nice and flat spin tricks and will likley never do another 540. But, if you want tight corners......

Anyways, from reading your post, I'd say your ready to go get an Obsession. Great price, all the tricks, but better cornering. (and better adjustabily to go from real tight to real loose) I like the obsession better then the E2. I find the Obsession to be a nice, tight, responsive kite that can take your abuse and give some back when it want to :blue-sleepy:

;)

Cheers,

P.

For my $0.02 worth...IF you can find one the Blitz by CdC is an awesome kite...it will trick and it will fly a pretty decent corner too, tracks well and is relatively inexpensive. I think one of the kite shops in Long Beach WA. might still have a couple of them!

Hi,

The E-2 was not built to be a precision kite at all. It was built to be a trick monster, And does a fine job of it.

If you want something to compete with, You need to start doing some research on comp. kites. There are a lot of different sizes and shapes out there to chose from.

The E2 like all the Prism kites have what's called the "Prism Feel" which is characterized by a number of things. On the freestyle kites like the E2, Elixir, Fanatic etc... there is little, if any precision for the simple fact that they will literally fall over on themselves, which makes them way cool trick kites, and they will do most of the tricks, but they fly a straight line like a drunken bumble bee. Another trait of these kites is in a slack line trick there is a moment when you are not in control of the kite and are relying on the flight charateristic of the design. If you fly these kites it is absolutely necessary for you to understand these qualities before you feel confident of your ability. You wont see these kites in competition because of the inability to fly straight, and no matter how good you become, that moment of dead air is too big a risk in unpredictable winds when the trophy is on the line. Competitive flyers will choose a kite that will fly an absolute straight line and do NO TRICKS before they will choose anything that flies almost straight and does tricks.

Personally I like the feel and I feel confident when I fly my Elixir or Fanatic and I can trick both these kites to the extreme edge, but I understand their limitations, and I am not saying that it's bad, they are great kites to learn on. The E-2 is targeted at beginner to intermediate recreational flyers at a reasonable price. If competition is in your future start looking, and flying the kites that you think you want to move up to in quality, ability and alas, price.

Kites like Nirvana, Transfer, Masque, STX series, JTM, Phoenix, Mamba, Easy, Jack in the Box, Quantum Pro etc... are all capable of flying rail straight and can trick at an insane level with absolute feedback on the lines. Thats why they are winning. And a few of those kites are actually less expensive than the E2. But don't give up on it, some of the hottest flyers right now started on Prism's. Part of all of this is the journey of learning a kite, learning that it doesn't fly you and you dont fly it, it's the combination of the two interacting with the wind. Try different adjustments on the bridles or the tow points, see what works and what doesn't. All the experiences that you have, good, bad or somewhere in between, makes you a better flyer. My opinion, or for that matter, anyone else's opinion is secondary to what works for you and where you want to go and the E2 will take you quite a ways down the road.

Just my $0.02 :D And I probably went on a $0.25 tangent...sorry :D

had the several diffrent kites out today, some are more forgiving re tight turns and some kinda slop around the corners, but then again I could be leaning on the corners to tight------------I like to do precise horizotal square 8s, vertical square 8s are fun too, not to mention wing overs--------------cheers