KiteLife Forum

Things That Make Me Sad

Aerochic

Whenever I see a kite stuck in a tree or wrapped around a pole, I feel so sad for the owners who are missing out on their fun. Doubly so if it's a kid's kite! I saw this poor thing flapping around on a webcam today. I'm kinda surprised the lifeguards didn't get this down as it is one of their posts. :/

post-2657-1218074288_thumb.jpg

I can't see it well enough.. Is it a Rok, or a spinner or something that is suppose to be on the post?

Usually when I see a kite in a tree, or stuck anywhere, I smile.. I think of what they must have been doing prior to the tangle and the challenge to get it out. I think of skits, cartoons, demo's of kites stuck. Or I think about all the times in the past.. that my kite might have got stuck somewhere.

BB Penny ~ who''s never been stuck in a power line.. Thank you God.

I can't see it well enough.. Is it a Rok, or a spinner or something that is suppose to be on the post?

Usually when I see a kite in a tree, or stuck anywhere, I smile.. I think of what they must have been doing prior to the tangle and the challenge to get it out. I think of skits, cartoons, demo's of kites stuck. Or I think about all the times in the past.. that my kite might have got stuck somewhere.

BB Penny ~ who''s never been stuck in a power line.. Thank you God.

and i just want to add on this....

when i was in india 2006, 2007,

i was so impressed to see there are kites everywhere ----hanging....

on trees, on poles, and virtually everywhere i turned, i saw kites, left hanging

as the proof of lively people being there having some serious fun.

then i was asked many times (since i traveled with my kites)

why don't you fly?

i was embarrassed to admit that my kites (with my minimum skill) need open air, clear ground

and i had not imagined up till then to fly kites on the roof, from balcony, and crowded street, or

road side with building removed and ground tumbled with broken bricks and what not. I hadn't learned the kite flying the way that runs in their blood.

and for them, making kites takes 20 minutes and close to nothing.

i was also doubly embarrassed when i was confronted with the question

who much does it cost? when i was flying my prism stylus 1.8 or Rev SLE on the beach

where everyone came to brag to me how great he is a flyer and many wants to fly my kites.

good that i have the foil. so some of them did have a go.

ending here before i stray too far from the thread.

I ~think~ it's a small foil with 2 ribbon tails (from the way it flapped around).

That's a neat way of looking at it. It's always better to see the positive over the negative. *thumbs up*

However, I would never wish the pain and misfortune that Antman just endured on anybody. Thankfully his experience turned into a huge positive tho! I wasn't really referring to expensive sport kites with this post tho.

that does suck .. i have lost a few kites to trees back in the day and of course nothing is worse that haveing a dog do it for you!!!! to me that kite looks like a small rok ... hard to tell really

Ohhh I KNOW! I have to admit that I thought of you when I saw this poor little kite wrapping around the flagpole. As I had mentioned above, I think it is a small kid's foil.

when i was in india 2006, 2007,

i was so impressed to see there are kites everywhere ----hanging....

on trees, on poles, and virtually everywhere i turned, i saw kites, left hanging

as the proof of lively people being there having some serious fun.

That's so cool! :)

I went out to practice launching a 36 eddy kite train. After waiting for 10 minutes I finally got enought breeze to get them off the ground. There I was blissfully unaware of how close the rain clouds had come. Then all of a sudden the wind went from 6-8 mph to over 35 mph.

I tried to haul them in but a spar broke on one of them and I watched 24 sail off with the wind. I did manage to salvage 13 of them.

After I had recovered them, I pictured my wife and I in pouring rain chasing those kites, then laughed myself silly.

Charlie

I went out to practice launching a 36 eddy kite train. After waiting for 10 minutes I finally got enought breeze to get them off the ground. There I was blissfully unaware of how close the rain clouds had come. Then all of a sudden the wind went from 6-8 mph to over 35 mph.I tried to haul them in but a spar broke on one of them and I watched 24 sail off with the wind. I did manage to salvage 13 of them.

After I had recovered them, I pictured my wife and I in pouring rain chasing those kites, then laughed myself silly.

Eeeeek! Oh Myyyyyy... At least you are able to laugh at it! :?