KiteLife Forum

Getting in touch (Masquerade video)

Nemisis

Do you have a kite that you do not fly that often? When you get a chance to fly it, do you question why you do not take it out of the bag that often.

For me the kite is my very first Masquerade. Two weeks ago it was sitting in a corner, parts missing off of it and it just seemed very much neglected. I don't fly it very often because it is a kite that I will never part with. Not sure if it is right or wrong to admire and inanimate object but this kite means so much to me. Not because of workmanship, ( I have come along way since this kite) not because of the materials I used ( the cheapest I could find and a recycled frame)but because it was my first kite I built after all my testing was done to come up with the Masquerade.

I replaced the missing parts, waited until my son got home from school and headed down to the beach. The wind was lousy but we took a little bit of video. The next day we attempted again and the wind was perfect. After those two days I washed the kite put it away in its bag and put it back into its corner. It will be awhile before I take it out again but I will not wait so long this time. I hope you enjoy the video.

http://dreamweaverkites.com/dream.wmv

Wayne

www.dreamweaverkites.com

knottslanding@sympatico.ca