KiteLife Forum

Upcoming Events Calendar

Yippiee

Hello Everyone - Here's the Deal - I'm new to kiting community

It is extremely hard for someone new or the general Public to find out about Kiting Events. (unless you know what you are looking for or where to look) I did a search on Yahoo for "Kiting Events in WA Sept. 2008" - Click here for the results - Yahoo Search Results

I am totally amazed that information about upcoming events, competitions, and festivals about kiting are so hard to find. I did not know what AKA, KTAI, WSIKF, or all the others were without hours of research.

I think there should be ONE page (calendar style) dedicated to nothing but Upcoming Kiting Events (just the date, location and a link) on the INTERNET that everyone can easily find and access. (it should be linked on every home page not just in the forums)

It should probably be the #1 topic for everyone in the industry and fliers as well. (hint, hint Kite Industry People - KTAI, AKA, etc.,etc.,etc.)

*****More Spectators = More Fliers = More $$$ = More Events = More Fun *****

PLEASE POST - UPCOMING EVENTS, COMPETITIONS, and FESTIVALS on the Calendars provided so everyone can find them in one spot.

John Q. Public just won't read a bunch of separate forums and look up tons of acronyms when looking for something to do with his family next Sunday.

I will help make this happen in any way I can - Thanks for reading - Mike (One World One Sky - One Event Calendar) tee-hee :sign_kitelife:

Hello Everyone - Here's the Deal - I'm new to kiting community

It is extremely hard for someone new or the general Public to find out about Kiting Events. (unless you know what you are looking for or where to look) I did a search on Yahoo for "Kiting Events in WA Sept. 2008" - Click here for the results - Yahoo Search Results

I am totally amazed that information about upcoming events, competitions, and festivals about kiting are so hard to find. I did not know what AKA, KTAI, WSIKF, or all the others were without hours of research.

I think there should be ONE page (calendar style) dedicated to nothing but Upcoming Kiting Events (just the date, location and a link) on the INTERNET that everyone can easily find and access. (it should be linked on every home page not just in the forums)

It should probably be the #1 topic for everyone in the industry and fliers as well. (hint, hint Kite Industry People - KTAI, AKA, etc.,etc.,etc.)

*****More Spectators = More Fliers = More $$$ = More Events = More Fun *****

PLEASE POST - UPCOMING EVENTS, COMPETITIONS, and FESTIVALS on the Calendars provided so everyone can find them in one spot.

John Q. Public just won't read a bunch of separate forums and look up tons of acronyms when looking for something to do with his family next Sunday.

I will help make this happen in any way I can - Thanks for reading - Mike (One World One Sky - One Event Calendar) tee-hee :prop:

The AKA web site calendar lists most events. I believe it is up to the organizers of events to get that information posted.

http://www.aka.kite.org/cal.php?year=2008&...t_day_of_week=1