KiteLife Forum

Re Ant man

roisinroisin21

Sorry to all folks i`m just trying to show ant man what i was jibbberring on about

When i figure out how to Pm photo`s

Come on guys and girls ive seen your veiwing any coments would be fantastic

The problem is the upeer spreader has rubber ends just like the standoffs on larger prism kites and the fittings on the leading edges,these fitting are 90 degress to the frame and not 90 degrees to the spreader click on the image to veiw full size you can see the bend on the spreader,is it the norm with these kites as it bends the fittings slightley. Any info on flying or build of this kite would be received gratefully

post-3942-1228170644_thumb.jpg

i see your problem .. just take the rubber endcaps off of the top spreader spar and youll be fine .. the sail is supposed to be tight as it is a SUL kite.. i dont know why prism used those endcaps for that kite that year but i removed mine and it works great

FYI roisin, not haranguing, just letting you know...

Kitelife Subscribers can send photos by PM, but not regular forum members.

Also, PM storage goes to 500 instead of the usual 50.

All that equates to disk more space and bandwidth on the servers, hence the methodology.

Not required or even expected, you're welcome as you are! :w00t:

Sorry to all folks i`m just trying to show ant man what i was jibbberring on about

When i figure out how to Pm photo`s

Come on guys and girls ive seen your veiwing any coments would be fantastic

The problem is the upeer spreader has rubber ends just like the standoffs on larger prism kites and the fittings on the leading edges,these fitting are 90 degress to the frame and not 90 degrees to the spreader click on the image to veiw full size you can see the bend on the spreader,is it the norm with these kites as it bends the fittings slightley. Any info on flying or build of this kite would be received gratefully

FYI....a couple of things....

Those vinyl end caps on the upper spreader are NOT meant to be left on the spar when inserting into the ULE APA. (unless it's the wrong size upper spreader, and the end caps are being used to snug up the fit)

The end vinyl end caps may have been put on for storage. To keep the spar from poking the sail material when rolled up and stored.

OR.....the very small and elusive standoffs may be stored in the upper spreader, with the vinyl end caps put on to keep the standoffs from sliding out.

The Kite Shoppe stocks a FULL line of Prism repair parts and accessories for Prism kites.

Also, your 3D may be from 1997? I'll have a look at some of mine and see if there is one similar.