KiteLife Forum

Anyone know where I can pick up a few Wax Wings?

Crystal

PLEASE don't laugh at me...I know its an old, outdated kite and you're probably asking "What the heck does she want with a Wax Wing?" or "What the heck IS a Wax Wing?" but I'm looking for a few of them in various colors. I love how they just zip through the air. I have 2 already (red and blue) and I'm looking to stack some more, but can't seem to find ANY for sale, anywhere.

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

- Crystal

Tampa, FL.

• 2 years later...

This is a really old post but reminded me I have a Wax Wing that never gets flown. Still fly the 7.5 ft version of this, the Jeager, all the time. My Wax Wing is basically in new condition since it's only been flown a couple of times- which is amazing considering it's from around 92/93!

If you or anyone else is interested, let me know. Not really sure what it's worth.. I'm thinking $60 shipped in the US, or $50 local pickup in Dallas, TX.

Since this is in the review section... The Flying Wings WaxWing is a very fast flying kite. It makes sharp fast turns. Its revolution spin speed is also extremely fast. It's hard to tell from this photo, but its sail depth is very shallow, which contribute to its speedy characteristics. It's not good for floaty tricks or refined control. It's more fun for fast pattern flying. Definitely old-school by today's standards.

Wing Span: 73 inches

Height: 33 inches

Weight: 7.5 oz

Wind Range: 4-20+ mph

6128317271_b68be5906e_b.jpg