KiteLife Forum

Dihedral Active Bridle

JoneZ

I just strapped up a dihedral active bridle (from Andy Wardleys site), and wanted to start a topic about it. The pro's, Cons, chatter...

I've read the a to Z on it in Andy's site, and it seems like a pretty interesting setup to me. I havent been able to test it yet cuz its raining, and will be for the majority of the week.. :)

I liked the idea of it because you could use an existing static bridle config, and just add two activator legs -- disabling if needed just by sliding the activator legs toward the tow point til slack.

Has anyone had experience with this bridle design? Im wondering about tracking, and precision, as well as freestyle experience. ;)

I just strapped up a dihedral active bridle (from Andy Wardleys site), and wanted to start a topic about it. The pro's, Cons, chatter...

I've read the a to Z on it in Andy's site, and it seems like a pretty interesting setup to me. I havent been able to test it yet cuz its raining, and will be for the majority of the week.. :)

I liked the idea of it because you could use an existing static bridle config, and just add two activator legs -- disabling if needed just by sliding the activator legs toward the tow point til slack.

Has anyone had experience with this bridle design? Im wondering about tracking, and precision, as well as freestyle experience. ;)

Yup, I did the dihedral active bridle qas explaqined by Andy's website.

Superb modification, made the tracking that much better and the tricking was also not compromise, in fact much better!

I constructed the whole bridle from scratch, but I added an out-haul, just for kicks to seee if I tweaked it, there;s any diff....well it does;)

hah! nice. ;)

I was also looking over the Trihedral active bridle today at work (I printed out all the diff. types so I could have some reading material in my kite bag for when Im bored), and it seems to be an improvement (from what I've read) on the Dihedral.

Any validity to this? or is it pretty much user/kite preference?

~Jon

hah! nice. ;)

I was also looking over the Trihedral active bridle today at work (I printed out all the diff. types so I could have some reading material in my kite bag for when Im bored), and it seems to be an improvement (from what I've read) on the Dihedral.

Any validity to this? or is it pretty much user/kite preference?

~Jon

I've tried both, maybe its just me, but can't really tell the difference between the tri and di.

any comments on the Cross Active?

Just got done reading up on that -- it seems alot easier than the dih. and more functional?

~Jon

Best if you could first do the dihedral, then add an activator leg to make it tetrahedral, feel for yourself the results, if there's a diff.

I may have slipped up in my construction, hence the little or no difference. Cuurently am busy or would have made another just for kicks!

Heres a pic of my Dihedral. I have a new cross activator I made up but havent installed yet.

I want to introduce each activator to get a feel for how it changes flight characteristics.

Then I was thinking of trying the cross-active (with the activator attached to the pitch activators).

**edit: attachments arent working for me on kitelife, so heres an imageshack link

imgp0532.jpg

w3264.png