KiteLife Forum

best way to cut a Skyshark Spar

I fully realize this is a niche item and is hard to find. If you can find one, the saws that come with some safe locks are single use and disposable for the locks but perfect for cutting spars. Wrap with masking tap and cut cleanly.  The teeth and the saw are fine enough you can actually cut the raised letters and numbers off an old credit card... The teeth are so fine you can hardly even feel them..They are made to cut certain pins flush after installation..  Mine is packed away in a box at the moment but I'll try to pull it out and take a picture in the near future. Once I figure out which box..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul LaMasters said:

hi-speed dremel and a cutting wheel, wrap the end of the spar with vinyl electrical tape and measure/mark the tape with a sharpie

Diamond wheel is very good and fast. Makes for a super clean cut.

• 6 months later...

I realize this is digging up an old topic but I finally had everything out and decided to take a picture of my spar saw. the saw on the right is a standard spar saw.. The saw on the left is a single use jeweler's saw. This one came with a lock replacement kit. I still mask the cut with tape to prevent splintering but I rare feel the finer blade binding in any way.

SparSaws.jpg