KiteLife Forum

kites from china

dazza

Hello all

I have found a website for you all to look at **LINK DELETED BY ADMIN** hope I have done this right.Please have a look and give me some feedback.

All the best

Dazza

Edited by Kitelife
Kitelife does not support kite copying.

Hello all

I have found a website for you all to look at **LINK DELETED BY ADMIN** hope I have done this right.Please have a look and give me some feedback.

All the best

Dazza

Dazza,

I had an opportunity to look at a Rev copy from this company recently. The quoted price was low, but the quality was even lower. The attention to detail was very poor. There was only one rod set ... felt like a 3.5-wrap rod ... in a full sail. The rods from the leading edge wings could not be exchanged with the vertical rods ... the leading edge rods were reinforced with Kevlar thread wrapped sloppily around the ends with the ferrules. The rods were longer than a Rev rod ... no options on the web page and you can't use your extra Rev rods. Here's a list of things I didn't think were acceptable:

**MFG DETAILS REMOVED TO DISCOURAGE FURTHER CLONING IMPROVEMENTS**

(sorry)

I can only speak for the Rev clone that I saw, but I absolutely would not buy one. I'm sure there is a use for them someplace - people buy cheap tools from Harbor Freight all the time - but, for me, there is a certain pride of ownership involved with kites.

The best I can say about the Rev Clone is that it looks good in the pictures. As to the other kites ... buyer beware!!!

Regards,

Tom

I've deleted the link.

The company Dazza linked in that first post is well known for producing poor quality copies, both in flight ability and manufacturing.

Not only have they copied kite designs, but many of them right down to the graphic layout.

My B-Series was one of the victims, which they removed after some passionate communication, but they continue to produce the other copies.

Furthermore, they are *just* a company, they aren't doing anything to help the kiting community either.

I will not allow any of their links or info in the Kitelife network of web sites.

**MFG DETAILS REMOVED TO DISCOURAGE FURTHER CLONING IMPROVEMENTS**

(sorry)

Hey John, no problem ... good catch ... the mistake was mine!!

You've said before it's inappropriate "to post how to make clone kites" ... now you'll have to change your admonition to it's inappropriate "to post how to and not to make clone kites" ...

@Dazza ... my apologies to you. When I reread my posting, it sounded like I was, at least partially, growling at you. That was not intended. Please come back and continue to post on the forum. All of the other folks are really good people ...

Cheers,

Tom

post-3460-124881244515_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yes, Dazza, don't misunderstand, it's all good... No harm meant, I know.

I'm just doing what I feel is appropriate for the Kitelife forum, as sole proprietor. :)

John

I posted the link so people could see what poor copies are coming from various places.I personally would never buy a copy its got to be a REVOLUTION or nothing.I didnt mean to upset anyone or you.Please accept my apologies if I have done so

Dazza