KiteLife Forum

Signature Series - John Barresi - Just bought one!

Guru4tru

AHH...YES...!!

The Kiting MOTTO..."IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT!!" :blink:

My wife was having some difficulty with the stunt kites, she doesn't move too fast, so I bought her a Rev 1.5 series B. My hope is that more movement in the wrist and less movement in the arsp might fit her well. If not...I guess I'll just have another kite!! :) heehee!

Got it at "A Wind Of Change". they've got a Signature Series - John Barresi - Rev 1.5 B package for about $300. Kiting is the only thing my wife and I have in common, now that our son is grown, and making her happy in the sky is a lot cheeper then a marriage counselor or divorce. . :)

Feel free to throw in any hints anyone might have for her!

Keep It UP!

Duane

Oh Yeah...I forgot to mention that I was inspired to get her a Rev by seeing all of the Rev pics Choccy sends by us!! Thanks Choccy!!

...I was inspired to get her a Rev by seeing all of the Rev pics Choccy sends

Hello Duane

Good choice, but I was really surprised we had inspired you to actually buy one from just pics in the gallery! :)

It's one of the best ways to spend time together, flying side by side.

Hope you have many happy hours flying together :blink:

Hi Choccy,

Yes!! Thanks for all the pictures of the Rev. Your pictures moved me in that direction and then I checked out a lot of posts here and at AKA to arrive at the type I should buy. There is an awful lot of good information here! :blink:

Rhonda is really looking forward to getting it...should probably arrive in a few days. It comes with instructions and a DVD to help her get started, but if we need any help keep you eyes open for our "help needed" post!! :)

Thanks again for all of your pictures and postings. You are certainly an asset to this forum!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Congrats Duane, welcome to the dark side. ;)

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The 'Dark Side' is about 'Survival'. It's about unleashing your 'Inner Power'. It glorifies the strength of the Individual."

―Darth Zannah

Keep It Up!

Duane

:)

• Like 1

Da--DadaDA--Da-da--da-DA!!! (In case you couldn't hear that...that was a trumpet fanfare!!)

The Rev. arrived from The Wind Of Change...(that was fast, like only 4 working days to get here.) And we already got into John's DVD. John...I really want to thank you for making the instructions so simple to follow and understandable. A lot of the DVDs I've watched, might be more entertaining, but after I watch them I have to go out and usually figure things out for myself because it was all too comfusing to me. This was good! Thanks!

BUT!!! After my experence with a dog trying to eat my Nirvana, I'll pass on toying with them!! Heehee!! ;)

My wife and I will probably get out this weekend (hot or not) and start learning how to fly it. It really looks great! I'll tell you how it goes.

Any first time advice Choccy? (anyone!) Or should I say,

"Any messages from the Dark Side?"

Keep It Up!

Duane

Awesome, glad the kite got to you ok and everything is good. Let us all know how your first flight goes. Remember to take your time and try not to get too frustrated. Quad can be a bit different than dual line and may take some "Un" learning. Once you get it figured out then it will all be good. ;)

Hey...I got it covered...I just watched Tristans videos and it looks really simple!?!?! ;)

Thank you for getting it to me so soon! My wife and I were watching John's Rev. DVD last night and we're looking forward to the new adventure!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Any first time advice ...

Yep, sneak over to the rev forum and read John's write-up on how to wind/unwind your lines. Nothing worse than unwinding your lines, noticing lots of "apparent" wraps, allowing panic to set it and then trying to remove the twists. For a bystander, it's almost as funny as watching a dog chase it's tail. The twists weren't real ... you'll spent half your time removing "ghost" twists and then the second half of your time removing the ones you've just put in. I've followed John's method since day one and have NEVER had any of the problems others have complained about. Yes, I've added a few modifications of my own, but the basic method is still the same.

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3187&hl=

The second piece of advice is to enjoy! Seems simple, but if you get too wrapped up in trying to do everything perfect, you'll screw up the best part. And, the best part is the process of learning something new every time you fly.

Cheers and good luck,

Tom

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Tom!!

I just made a copy of it and am going to go study it. I can see how important proper winding can be. (Had some interesting tangles with just a dual line.) ;)

----------

But, I sure I'm going to be pretty good on the take off though. Like I've said I've been watching Tristan's videos and I've been going through the movements in my livingroom! You take two skips foward, holding the kite in your right hand, and make a complete circle swinging the kite around with you and then throw it into the air!!! No Problem!! :)

Keep It Up!

Duane

... I'm going to be pretty good on the take off though. Like I've said I've been watching Tristan's videos and I've been going through the movements in my livingroom! You take two skips foward, holding the kite in your right hand, and make a complete circle swinging the kite around with you and then throw it into the air!!! No Problem!! ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Duane,

Hasn't anyone fessed up and told you that Tristan's not a real person? Honest, he's just a video creation, created to cause undue frustration to the geriatric generation. Sorry you got sucked in ...

Cheers,

Tom

AHHH...WOW!! You all must have had a good laugh at me!! I really thought Tristan was real!!

But, then how was I to know. I had never seen or flown a Rev until today. But today we set up the Rev I bought for my wife and "now" I know Tristan "has to be" a computer simulation...it's just "humanly" impossible to do what he's doing!! :)

Thanks Tom for filling me in!! I feel a lot better now! :)

Good Job & Good Joke!! (to whoever the animinator was or is).

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS But, if Tristan was real...I'd have to say, "I'll need another week or two before I challenge him in any competition!"

OK!!! First weekend with the Rev.!

I wish I had something good to report, but Jon's "Vayu" (god of the weather or something) wasn't kind to us. We took off Friday just to fly the Rev and the wind was about 4 to 7 mph, until we set the Rev up...then everything went stone dead...and you don't hang around with no wind and hi 90's temp. with the sun beating on you very long.

Saturday really looked good and had cloud cover to hide us from the sun. After we got everything set up this big black cloud popped up, too close for comfort, and started throwing lightning around.(The most deadly sport isn't football or hockey or boxing...it's golf. And more people die from lightning hits in Florida than any other state.) So not wanting to add to the death toll, we quickly headed for the truck and it stormed the rest of the day.

Today, Sunday, we got out and actually put it into the air for about a minute when the wind would start blowing, but that was only about once every 10 minutes or so. And the heat drove us off the field in about an hour and a half.

So I (I mean..."She"...I have to keep remembering I bought it for her!! :) ) have not had enough air time to even form an opinion, except I can say one thing for certain...The Rev isn't just a different kind of dual/dual liner!! It's a whole different animal!! :)

I'll get back with how I...I mean...how "she" is doing as "she" gets some air time! :)

Keep It Up!

Duane

• 2 weeks later...

My wife went on a week long business trip and convention to...of all places...""Portland, Oregon"" and left me in the Florida heat working!! ;)

And I'm not allowed to touch the Rev. til she returns. It's not that she is the boss or anything...I can't find where the hell she put it!! (I think it might be in her suit case with her).

"HEY...if any of you Portland people see an older crazy women flying a gold Rev. around town...tell me and I'll stop looking!"

Keep It Up!

Duane

Oh Yeah...on a more serious note...I've been thinking about holding off on doing the Rev until I get where I want with the new Nirvanas I got receintly. The mind set is so different with the quads then the duals, I'm afraid it will throw me totally out of wack! I did actually buy it for my wife...heehee!