KiteLife Forum

Short video

Tristan

Thanks! I might go fly some more later tonight with my duel line, and I might film a little bit.

I'd really like to see more of your videos. I'm presently learning some duel line stuff with some trick kites I got and anything I can see helps me!

By the way, like I said I'm 60 and getting older each day, but I didn't even know about this sport until about 2 years ago!! What got you into kiting...and by your video, you didn't start yesterday!! ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thanks! I might go fly some more later tonight with my duel line, and I might film a little bit.

I'd really like to see more of your videos. I'm presently learning some duel line stuff with some trick kites I got and anything I can see helps me!

By the way, like I said I'm 60 and getting older each day, but I didn't even know about this sport until about 2 years ago!! What got you into kiting...and by your video, you didn't start yesterday!! ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

My dad went to Long beach WA a long time ago, and it was the week of WSIKF. (he didn't know it was WSIKF week) and thats how he found out about it, he bought some kites and I wanted to learn. I was 4 and I've been kiting since! :)

Tristan

Hi Tristan,

You know...one of the most amazing things I've found in this sport...is...the people. Like I'm probably old enough to actually be your great grandfather...but yet there are no barriers between us in kiting...we can look at each other eye to eye (not that my kite tricking is anything like yours...it certainly isn't!!), but there seems to be a mutiual respect between everyone...inspite of the level of achivement.

I've never experienced that anywhere else!

Thanks for teaching me and please keep the videos coming!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hi,

I’ve given it a little thought……

About the bond between us kite people…

That strange connection between Pride and Humility that I have found here…and nowhere else…

I think this strange combination exists in this form, because in this sport (with respects to others), we can take great Pride in our ability and long hours of hard work…BUT…

We, at the same time, are always aware, (like in our face), of a Power Greater then Our Selves…”like the Sky and Wind”…that balances, or brings humility, into each of our minds!

The Sky and the Wind are our Masters…without that being in place…we all are at a lose.

Keep It Up!

Duane