KiteLife Forum

Coming to America!

As many of you know, I'm engaged to a lovely flier from Tokyo...

She applied for her fiancé (K-1) visa earlier this year, and just completed her final interview today.

APPROVED. :)

She'll be arriving Portland for good on October 13th, right after I'm back from AKA...

Wedding will be sometime in November or December. :)

AWESOME NEWS my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As many of you know, I'm engaged to a lovely flier from Tokyo...

She applied for her fiancé (K-1) visa earlier this year, and just completed her final interview today.

APPROVED. :D

She'll be arriving Portland for good on October 13th, right after I'm back from AKA...

Wedding will be sometime in November or December. ;)

One of Socrates’ disciples fell in love with a maiden and he went to his master and asked if he should marry her. Socrates said, “Yes, my son. If she turns out to be a good loving woman, then you will live a long happy life. If not, then you’ll become enlightened!”

Congrats!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hi John,

Does TK "fly" and does she use a figure "8" when she winds?

---------------------------

You see here is my problem...because of the Fla. heat, I'm spending a lot of my time hiding from it...and in that hiding I made some wooden winders that I've been sending out...and I made 4 for you, BUT then I discovered you wind straight and they are made to be small and a straight wind would partically cover the finger holes. I thought about sending them to Tristan but he probably doesn't use winders...or even strings...just "mind magic" or something! (Watch you tail...your not as young as you were ;) )

If you or TK wouldn't use them, then I guess they are up for grabs...!

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS maybe next summer I'm make up some straight winders. Sincerely wish you two the best!!

TK uses a figure 8 method now in Tokyo, but does have occasional issues with tangles, etc.

Moreover, everyone uses the same techniques on iQuad (for both consistency and efficiency), so she'll be making some conversions for sure.

Dunno about that Kitelandia stuff, but she's my queen. ;)

I know the list of stuff on this registry is kind of ludicrous, but it is what it is, figured I'd post it here. ;)

http://www.ourwishingwell.com/registries/view/97081206/

A nickel here and there does make a difference, but y'all do so much already, I'm not bellyaching. *hugs*

... so she'll be making some conversions for sure ...

John,

Congrats again ... life is much sweeter shared with a mate.

I have no doubts that TK will support the team and wind her lines accordingly. But, when you're at home, and that little voice in your head keeps saying "I'm the boss ... I need to change her", it's in your best interests if you learn to ignore that voice. Honest!!!

Cheers,

Tom

I have no doubts that TK will support the team and wind her lines accordingly. But, when you're at home, and that little voice in your head keeps saying "I'm the boss ... I need to change her", it's in your best interests if you learn to ignore that voice. Honest!!!

We've got a keen eye on this aspect, took it into account before we crossed that bridge.

The choice was to "do it like we do it", however it flows, or to accelerate the process with proven techniques and tricks.

She chose the latter, so on the field, I'm the cap'n. ;)

I can pay for it later, off the field, anytime. :D

• 1 month later...

Hey John, Tell TK hi from Dick & Nancy. :innocent:

I saw a picture of you two, forgot to show Nancy, now I can't find it again. :sign_kitelife:

Help me out please.

Dick

John's easy to look at just 'cuz he's all over the site. Now, Takako's easy to look at 'cuz she's a pretty lady. Try these two out.

Japanese traditional

USA traditional

Of course, if you have to see them together, you can check out this thread:

Announcement

Cheers,

Tom