KiteLife Forum

KITARIAN view on "Winding Strings"

Guru4tru

Hi,

Believe this or not, but it is true, "I", as the self proclaimed founder of Kite-arianism, was ask to give the Kite-arian view on winding your kite strings: “Which is the best Kite-arian way to wind up your kite strings?” That was "actually" the question. And I answered in my best Guru style: “If you can ask the question, then you already know the answer.” And then the person knew immediately how to wind the string.

But for those, not so advanced to be able to form such questions yet, the answer is simple, “In a figure eight.” The figure eight is also one of the esoteric symbols of Kite-arianism. Many Kite-arians wear the symbol of the figure eight on there lapels or shirts. Turned on its side the figure eight becomes the symbol of “Infinity”.

---------

The reasoning for this is quit simple. The world with all it hustles, bustle and demands upon us has controls over our mind and most of our spirits too. But, when we go kiting we break those bonds and free ourselves to a higher level of consciousness. And, like most other means of seeking spiritual fulfillment, there are three lessons that are taught within us every time we go kiting. The first lesson we learn when we are going to the site and setting up our kite. The second lesson is in the experience of flying. The third lesson is in the closing operation of winding the line and going home.

Ask anyone who has ever attended a Buddhist temple, a Mosque, or a pilgrimage to Mecca, or on there normal weekly trip to the synagogue, or going to church. Each will tell you that their mind goes through a “transformation in preparation” on the journey or car ride to the spiritual place they are going to. And then the “transforming of experience” occurs in the main event. And after that, on the journey or car ride home, there is a “transformation in self reflection” occurring on the entire event. Each of these are normally small transformations that go almost unnoticed, but each small experience will build up in time into a major paradigm transformation into the world of the Spirit.

When we wind in a figure eight we are held in a “slightly” concentrated mode, where that self-reflection can best occur. Other ways may be faster and more convenient, but the mind set of “faster and more convenient” is the mind set of the world...not the mind set of the Spirit!

------------

Once again, Thank you “Kitelife” for giving space to the “Oddball” out here! :sign_kitelife:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Winding other than a figure eight by no means cuts you off from being a Kite-arian. The only requirement to be a Kite-arian is to fly a kite...it happens naturlly...but there are many different levels in all spiritual groups.

Hi again,

No sooner than I posted the Kite-arian views on winding kite lines, did I receive an e-mail asking the Kite-arian view on drug use.

That’s a difficult topic, but as with all Kite-arian thinking…the answer is very simple. If you need to take drugs to realize that altered states of consciousness are possible and within our own normal potential and control, then take the drugs as long as you need to. But “higher” states of consciousness can be achieved, and maintained, by using our own normal human potential properly…than those states of consciousness achieved through using drugs. And the higher states of consciousness achieved “naturally” can be maintained, where as those achieved through drug use are not maintainable without taking more drugs. But take them as long as you need them.

I’ll quote something by Ram Dass, co-founder of LSD, “On LSD I could walk with Christ, in meditation I become Christ.” (Let me mention that he was speaking of what is called “Christ Consciousness” not the actual person called Christ.)

------------------

------------------

Important Note: If anyone has anymore questions about the Kite-arian views on anything, bring them up in this “OFF TOPIC” forum and I will answer them…otherwise forget it! :sign_kitelife:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Dear Guru4tru,

I am having difficulty in deciding 4 line or 2 line. I am leaning towards 4 line. Can you please offer me advice on this difficult decision.

Should I use 4 line, to the exclusion of 2. Or even 2 line to the exclusion of 4.

However should I ultimatly more fully embrace line'ism and go for single as well as 2 and 4.

Thank you for any advice you might be able to offer me.

AH...YES!!

The "Great Guru" has answers for all questions!

But, I don't know what the hell you are talking about?? heehee! :confused!:

Please rephrase the question. Is it a decision between flying a dual or quad kite...or how many lines should be wound together on a winder flying either one?

-------------

But, without really knowing the question the "Great Kite-arian Guru" still has the answer: The activity decided upon should, with a little practice, be like driving a car. When we drive a car we are very "aware", but no-thought is given to driving the car and our actions are automatic from a different level then the conscious mind level. The mind is aware and concentrated, but not thinking. It's sort of a Oneness activity. But, as I mentioned, "with a little practice". In the beginning everything, like driving a car, requires conscious "thought" until we get in ingrained within us. If whatever you decide continues to require conscious though after giving it enough time to become a no-thought activity...then back up a notch to something simpler. But, the activity should be complex enough to require our awareness and attention to it as we no-mindly do it.

Ask JB what he consciously thinks about when he is flying his quad...he'd probably say, "A lot of things!", but none of which would have anything to do with flying his quad!! :sign_kitelife:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Duane,

Are you just stringing the Bear along?

Cheers,

Tom

Jeepster!! Do tou think I'd hand the Bear a line? (Sorry I couldn't help myself!) :)

"Why not" make kiting a Zen thing?

I just now throw out a Google search on "Zen and the art of..." and grabbed just a few of the items:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance…Archery…Programming…Zen and the Art of Coping With Alzheimer's…Zen and the Art of Competitive Eating… Zen and the Art of the Internet...competitive speedskater...Zen and the art of Castle maintenance…(that's a good one!) ZEN AND THE ART OF DEBUNKERY…Zen and the art of poker playing…Zen and the art of making a living…Zen and the Art of Fixing a Flat Tire…Zen and the art of gardening…Zen and the art of flower arranging….Zen and the art of happiness…Zen and the art of vampires (now thats gotta be a good one!!)

I actually wrote a book years back called, "Zen and the art of Horseshoe Pitching".

OK...So it wasn't a best seller, but it was Zen.

So "why not"..."Zen and the Art of Kite Flying!"...it a natural!! :)

But, with all that I've said, one question that should now be running through you mind is..."What the hell is Zen?"

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS But, as for the Bear's question..."Bear...just move in the direction you are moved in, and give it no-thought!" :sign_kitelife:

Ahhh Yesss! As it is said, "When the student is ready the teacher will appear!"

After 30+ years of Zen, I have finally been give the answer to one of the most difficult question to answer, "What is Zen?"

NOW I KNOW!" Thank you Master :wub::wub:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS And I have also been give a future wish...A "Black-Rainbowed Zen!" :P