KiteLife Forum

VIDEO TUTORIALS

Hi John,

Thanks for the "VIDEO TUTORIALS" @ LearnKites.com Your really good at explaining things! :)

I tried downloading the other videos a few days back, but was unsuccessful...either it's me or my computer, but don't bother waisting your time trying to explain...I wouldn't understand. :ani_weightlift:

But, these were great! And after the first time or two winding the Quad as you suggested, (I started doing that about a month, or better, ago), I haven't had a problem with it & it's really a great way to do it. (I'm sure you are encouraged by my acceptance of your method. heehee! I prefer the "8" to the straight wind, but that's immaterial.) ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thanks Duane, I'm glad the vids you saw were stimulating... And straight or figure-8, no matter...

Whatever works for you and doesn't cause frustration with twists and tangles. :)

==

As for the downloads, that's odd, I won't try to explain (per your request), but do me a favor?

Make sure you're logged into the forum, then click on one of the links below...

3D Flying - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=do_download&id=631

Light Wind - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=do_download&id=633

These are direct links to the download (no prompts, no disclaimers, etc)...

Should work, but if not, tell me what it says on the screen (errors, etc)?

Quick and easy test, I'd really like to make sure you have every chance to enjoy the full content. :ani_weightlift:

Hi John,

I certainly don't want to be any trouble to you...It's probably just "MY" computer, but all I get when I click on those sites (while being logged in) is a blank page...(like it's about to do something)...with the horrizonal bar in the lower left corner filling up about halfway, (as if it is downloading something) and the words "waiting for..." just to the right of that. After awhile...nothing changes!

Keep It Up!

(Whatever IT is...heehee!)

Duane

Interesting, and odd... Using Internet Explorer (IE), I assume?

You might try another web browser (like FireFox which is what I use, or Chrome, both free), could be something quirky with IE, wouldn't be the first time. :ani_weightlift:

Hi John,

That's funny! I have to laugh at myself sometimes!

I have "NO" idea what you just said or what you are talking about!! heehee! [i Fly Kites]...and...When I went to college I was carrying a slide ruler, a very good one, I might add! (Bet I can work one of those better then you can! Maybe, not better then Tom or Howard! And then somewhere between then and the calculators & computers--my brain stopped working!! Different time; different place! heehee!) :)

But, my beloved wife is out of town on business and will be back in 3 days (because I couldn't sell her on EBay and Tom talked me into hanging on to her for my own best interest) and I'll check things out then with her and will "most probably" get back with you then, if I know anymore then I do now...if not...

Keep It Up!

Duane

I have "NO" idea what you just said or what you are talking about!! heehee! [i Fly Kites]...and...When I went to college I was carrying a slide ruler, a very good one, I might add! (Bet I can work one of those better then you can! Maybe, not better then Tom or Howard! And then somewhere between then and the calculators & computers--my brain stopped working!! Different time; different place! heehee!) :ani_weightlift:

<snip>

Keep It Up!

Duane

Yup, 4 years of college slipping and slide-ruling, one gets pretty good. And, I balanced my check book with a Japanese abacus. :) I bet any slide rule is faster than any calculator, but only provides 3 (maybe 4 max) digits of precision. All you need for most engineering calculations.

And to think a slide rule was only $25 in 1960 (What's that today? About $300? For a precision piece of plastic coated bamboo!)

Go to www.mozilla.com and download Firefox. Install it and import your links (bookmarks or whatever) from Internet Explorer when asked. If Firefox asks if you want it to be your "default browser", say YES! If Microsoft Internet Explorer (aka MSIE) asks to be your "default browser" after installing Firefox, JUST SAY NO! Eventually the two browsers will stop fighting for your attention, and you can use the one you like best.

The process is pretty easy, and less painful than a lot of computer installations. If you have trouble with some sites afterward (typically financial sites with "cute" security tricks that require the somewhat dangerously vulnerable MSIE facilities), you may need to access these poorly designed sites using MSIE. Of all the hundreds of sites I use, only ONE requires MSIE. Firefox is a superior browser because it is less vulnerable to internet viruses, and is more efficient.

Well, enough off-topic for today!

PM me if you have questions or problems, Duane.

Thanks Howard,

I went to www.mozilla.com and it came up with a lot of warnings, but I ignored them and clicked on run. It started downloading, or whatever it was doing, then it came up with a notice "File is Corrupt" and it wouldn't continue. I'll wait for my wife to get home. :confused!:

Thanks anyway!

Keep It Up!

Duane